Would this be a good truck to start with?

• Thread starter Deleted member 152182
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 152182

I am looking for my first truck with a chipper body. I was running a landscaping business and starting getting a ton of leads for tree work so I said why not. Hired an arborist and went to town with the truck and trailer. Now looking to start a new business and up the game. I'm buying wither a Bandit or Morbark 12" tbd..., a grinder, a track loader and whatever else we need. Looking for a good truck to start with. This one is close by and I'm thinking fo going to take a look today or tomorrow.

https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2013-INTERNATIONAL-TERRASTAR-5015400333
Might also looking into getting something like this:
https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2007-GMC-C5500+4x4+Diesel+Forestry-5014574027

The chip truck looks pretty good. Not too big, can still probably back the chipper into most driveways and get the machine closer to the work. The box looks similar size to mine, and should pair nicely with most 12” chippers.

That bucket truck looks clean and the price is probably very fair, but the boom reach of 42 feet is very limiting, I’d pass on that and look for something with at least 60 feet. Maybe consider a tracked lift.

The chip truck looks pretty good. Not too big, can still probably back the chipper into most driveways and get the machine closer to the work. The box looks similar size to mine, and should pair nicely with most 12” chippers.

That bucket truck looks clean and the price is probably very fair, but the boom reach of 42 feet is very limiting, I’d pass on that and look for something with at least 60 feet. Maybe consider a tracked lift.
yeah that's what I was thinking. Called about a tracked lift. $111K new. It's gonna have to wait until I get some $$$ coming in.

Back