Wrong Mix Ration of Gas/Oil for 2-cycle engine - New Craftsman Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australia's where they say you can call your mate a c*nt and your c*nt your mate!
A good Greek mate of mine who owned a hotel in greece on Rhodos always called me malaka, I thought he was calling me a wxxxer but it also means friend, I asked him which I was and he used to just laugh, sadly he got killed in a motorcycle accident.
I love the C word!

I refuse to pay the ridiculous premium for the little airline bottles of whiskey or 2-stroke oil.
If you still want the convenience of measuring, buy a bottle like:
Husqvarna-XP-2-Stroke-Oil-1-Litre.jpg
this, and when empty, refill from a gallon bottle.
... at least when we're talking about 2-stroke oil... if you're drinking it, I suggest sticking to whiskey.

Wow!! All this because way, way , way back in the day, America decided that it didn't want to go metric.

America didn't see the benefit in World wide trade opportunities, that would have resulted in a standardization of packaging for export. A lot of products could have been sold in the same packaging, if properly labeled for the jurisdiction of sale.

America only saw the expense of re-tooling packaging and production.

Americans never saw the difference in the size of a shot of liquor between U.S. Ounces and Imperial ounces. ( that's too bad! :) )

Americans didn't much see the benefits of a standardized measuring system. Even something as simple as a recipe.. SO much easier not to wonder what format is being used ( U.S. , Imperial, or Metric).

1 U.S. Gallon. = 3.78541 Liter
1 U.S. ounce. = .02957 Liter
1 Imperial Gallon. =4.546 Liter. ( That's why my car gets better mileage in Canada, than in the U.S.)
1 Imperial fluid ounce to Liter. .02841
1 imperial fluid ounce to Imperial quart. .0300 ml.
Etc., etc., etc.,

No matter what, I respect my American neighbour's choice to not participate in Metric standardization. And, I was born ata time that I learned all three systems. So, for me, it's not an issue.... But I could see, that for some,, it's a big pain. Especially when you can't be sure of the original measuring system.

I think that is right. Now I recall I hadn't mixed oil previously. So, I'm sure that I put less oil. And, the oil I used is for 1:50, but my chainsaw needs 1:40 ratio.
The only OIL difference between 40:1 and 50:1 is 40:1 has 0.6-oz MORE oil in it... so add that to the gallon and it is then 40:1, but 50:1 synthetic is good for all equipment, IMHO

I think that is right. Now I recall I hadn't mixed oil previously. So, I'm sure that I put less oil. And, the oil I used is for 1:50, but my chainsaw needs 1:40 ratio.
40 to 1....A certain OJ container is 54 oz. 54 x 2 = 108 oz. If you put 2 OJ containers of gas into a 1 gal can with 2.6 oz of oil ... you get 40 to 1

Latest posts

Back