WTB Makita ea4300 (orange)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollywog

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the site so hope all are doing well considering we are dealing with some very unusual times in America
at this very moment.
Picked up a Makita 4300 series (orange) that's missing the left side pull start assembly,right side handlebar garnish (makita),
and piston assembly.
Makita is going all electric with the saws now so parts will dry up eventually.
If anyone has a lead on these particular parts i would appreciate it,and thanks.

Have you called Makita? You’ve looked for it online? I’m the one looking for bearings and seals, I was hoping they were unavailable because they’re a seldom needed part vs the plastic parts of the saw. Can it just be a supply chain issue rather than the parts being discontinued?

I’d call Makita a couple times until you get a straight answer. I don’t think everyone at their customer service is very knowledgeable.

That's a good one,
you would have better luck kicking over a stone and finding a cute little gold nugget.

After calling and emailing makita and emailing around the world (literally) and finally calling them again they supposedly have my part and are mailing it to me now. I wouldn’t give up after a couple calls.

After calling and emailing makita and emailing around the world (literally) and finally calling them again they supposedly have my part and are mailing it to me now. I wouldn’t give up after a couple calls.

look up the thread on finding after market bearings for a Makita/Dolmar to see what I’ve gone through!

Back