You all need to recycle your carburetor based chainsaws and get the 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have with the long bars I’m talking the 60’s because it makes the balance that much easier I’m like anyone else I don’t like anymore weight then what’s needed. That said there’s time running those super long bars you want a little power head weight it helps with the weight being out there so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be waiting for some of those pics with the long bars.

When you only own one heavy saw you use it and do not complain about the weight because you do not have anything to compare it too.
A bit off topic but it will Lighten up the thread.
Women say that giving birth to a child is the most painful thing in the world
Men say getting kicked in the testicles is the most painful
I do not know but I have never heard a guy say I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO GET KICKED IN THE TESTICLES AGAIN.
Kash

I will be waiting for some of those pics with the long bars.

3d4d1b3d9a1985192039b078d205e24a.jpg

That’s my 60 with me running it in my 20’s about 10 years ago.
41e69df8bdae83e8843ab81c01d1594b.jpg

About 10 years later a nice one from a strip I cut this last year running that 500 with a 36 if you want to question what I do for a living or what I run and why be my guest.

3d4d1b3d9a1985192039b078d205e24a.jpg

That’s my 60 with me running it in my 20’s about 10 years ago.
41e69df8bdae83e8843ab81c01d1594b.jpg

About 10 years later a nice one from a strip I cut this last year running that 500 with a 36 if you want to question what I do for a living or what I run and why be my guest.

Why would I question what you do for a living I already know.
I just thought it would be interesting to see some pics.

Why would I question what you do for a living I already know.
I just thought it would be interesting to see some pics.

No problem the long bars don’t come out often anymore other then on the mill.

Well never mind.

6934e67046261f2ec1faf019ae3f12ed.jpg

629936ee27c59ccd7cddf70d42cb64dc.jpg

2a50f219f9dae028a9146afe1e2802d1.jpg

e309b1cce40490adfc280cadbecfa88b.jpg

The cedar was about 5 years back and the one on the 3120 are from earlier this year. The 42 I have it was ran earlier this on a not so fun cedar.
367b92dafc79d28793d79800949a1e2a.jpg

That one wasn’t much fun with how high the stump and really no where to stand on the far side of the stump stuff like that is the perfect place for those longer bars.

Get a gym membership maybe?
Funny thing is I've talked to several ordinary joes up my walley since I've been doing some chain sharpening and such, most guys perhaps in the 50/60's, and they all say the same thing. One that bought my Dolmar 7910 recently to do som milling with it said he'd just bought a Husky 550 II, but he regretted it because it was just a tad too heavy for jumping around the woods with it cutting the average 10" to 14" birch we have around here. And they all have a 50/60cc, they just dont use it.

Funny thing is I've talked to several ordinary joes up my walley since I've been doing some chain sharpening and such, most guys perhaps in the 50/60's, and they all say the same thing. One that bought my Dolmar 7910 recently to do som milling with it said he'd just bought a Husky 550 II, but he regretted it because it was just a tad too heavy for jumping around the woods with it cutting the average 10" to 14" birch we have around here. And they all have a 50/60cc, they just dont use it.
When I get too old and feeble to carry at least a 60cc saw (562) around in the woods I will throw away my scrench, give my saws away, sell my equipment, and QUIT. Trying to make a small saw do a job it cant handle will eventually get you killed.

When I get too old and feeble to carry at least a 60cc saw (562) around in the woods I will throw away my scrench, give my saws away, sell my equipment, and QUIT. Trying to make a small saw do a job it cant handle will eventually get you killed.
Yeah, good luck with that :)

Yeah, good luck with that :)
Im serious! When you do it for a living, knowing when to say when is what keeps you alive. I watched my Dad try to keep doing it using smaller and smaller saws until I finally put a stop to it and took over the felling end of the operation. It wasn't that I couldn't do it, it was that I couldn't do everything myself, or so I thought. For the 1st couple years he stayed on the yard, but then he quit coming to work at all. Several years later, Aug 30th, 2019 to be exact, I held his hand and was the last person to see him alive as he passed away in the hospital from heart failure. The older I get, the more I think maybe I should have let him stay in the woods and die doing what he loved. Buzz Martin may have had it right with his "too high on the stump" song.

6934e67046261f2ec1faf019ae3f12ed.jpg

629936ee27c59ccd7cddf70d42cb64dc.jpg

2a50f219f9dae028a9146afe1e2802d1.jpg

e309b1cce40490adfc280cadbecfa88b.jpg

The cedar was about 5 years back and the one on the 3120 are from earlier this year. The 42 I have it was ran earlier this on a not so fun cedar.
367b92dafc79d28793d79800949a1e2a.jpg

That one wasn’t much fun with how high the stump and really no where to stand on the far side of the stump stuff like that is the perfect place for those longer bars.

See you have the Sugi bar, have you use the new Canon Duralite? Curious on how they compare, time to buy a new bar and debating getting anoterh Sugihara or the new Canon.

See you have the Sugi bar, have you use the new Canon Duralite? Curious on how they compare, time to buy a new bar and debating getting anoterh Sugihara or the new Canon.

I still have those sugihara’s from those pictures so they’re almost 10 years old and only had a tip put on, but anymore I’ve been running the Stihl lightweights they’re cheaper as well as they don’t blind you well bumping knots. I haven’t tried the new Cannons but at a 100 plus dollars more I’m not willing to try one either for the price difference. The light weight bars I’ve ran Stihl, Sugihara, and Oregon with that said the Sugihara is good for stiffness with a weight penalty, the Stihl is lighter but not as stiff, the Oregon is the lightest feeling but it can look like a wet noodle with a 36 hiking out. I’ve bent my 36” Oregon before by walking a chain back on as well as had a heck of a time lining up cuts because it’s so flexible.

That's a pretty good days work! I could do that fairly easy in good timber, but my problem is keeping help. I do ALL of the cutting and at least half the pulling in a days time. If I could just get ONE good operator that was dependable my life would be a lot easier!
Too bad I'm not in your area!

Latest posts

Back