"You suck" Thread 2017 - Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30092021164d801ccc8b6ec1c3711c71.jpg

Just picked this up at a garage sale along with some other knives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I dont know if I suck... but... i have an item for sale in FB marketplace i need to delete. I go to do and a Stihl saw pops up at the top of list. Its an 066! Looks decent, 36 and 25 bars with chains. It wont start. Listed for 600, 30 miles from me. I message the guy to talk about it " dont know why it wont start, i put gas in it and cant get it started, too much saw for me". i offer 400.. he says 5, i say 450 i come now. He says ok but not lower, The bar and chain alone cost me 100.. i bang out of work, hit the mac and make the drive. Roll the dice, take it home, rip it apart. Everything checks out, put gas in it and bang! She fired right up! 450 bucks. Dirty but nice! The bars are really nice, 25 is almost new
Yea, you suck for sure. Great find

Not a saw but.... Was sitting in a alley during a giant neighborhood yard sale. One of those areas with the big old Victorian houses and small yards. Found it had a bad primer bulb. Clamped off the primer hose. Dumped some mix in the carb and it started on the second pull. There hardly any wear on the tires. Was fairly dirty - just needed a quick hit with degreaser, light scrub and hose off. 5 bucks for the bulb and will be good to go. Going to sell to fund my 038 Super to mag project. :clap:
View attachment 582727 View attachment 582728 View attachment 582729
Major you suck given

I recently purchased a 1983 Stihl 028 WB from a neighbor. He was the original owner and saw needed some love.
I purchased a new B&C, fuel/oil caps, and missing hardware so I could take the saw out on trail and test it out.
It ran good but had idle mixture problems so I decided to completely rebuild the saw and make it the "trail boss" version of the 028.

I upgraded to the 46mm piston and jug,new bearings, seals and gaskets throughout. Stripped and repainted with 3 coats of automotive clear coat.20171028_133604.jpg 20171028_133550.jpg

I recently purchased a 1983 Stihl 028 WB from a neighbor. He was the original owner and saw needed some love.
I purchased a new B&C, fuel/oil caps, and missing hardware so I could take the saw out on trail and test it out.
It ran good but had idle mixture problems so I decided to completely rebuild the saw and make it the "trail boss" version of the 028.

I upgraded to the 46mm piston and jug,new bearings, seals and gaskets throughout. Stripped and repainted with 3 coats of automotive clear coat.View attachment 609503 View attachment 609504
nice restoration !

2A161A36-248E-475E-B1B6-74A1550151F1.jpeg Try to make short. See ad on CL, only 1 pic, no model #, but price is write. Call, it’s mine, guy tells me it’s in his “barn” at the end of his drive, get address and take off, GPS says 1hr 45min. Get there and GPS tells me to turn on his road. Big sign at end of the says “Residents and Guests Only” hmmmm! Drive back the road and there ain’t a house for less than $350,000 on the road!!! Pull in his drive to the “barn”, his barn has a tile floor, a bar with 2 taps, huge wall mounted tv, one wall is a working football scoreboard. There are 2 dreamsicle chainsaws, a dreamsicle weedeater, a dreamsicle hedge trimmer and a dreamsicle backpack leaf blower. I honestly think the homeowners association made him get rid of the Echo. Echo 590 Timberwolf and Echo case, runs great, piston looks like new. Will get muff mod and retuned. $100.

20171026_040401.jpg
Around here most home depots don't carry anything over the CS400.
Swung by the chainsaw aisle and found two chains for my CS590 marked down to half price, must have been returned, and they don't carry the bigger saws there.
Now I have four chains for my big saw

Back