"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went by the small engine shop that worked on my Troy Built Tiller. When I dropped it off several weeks ago, I noticed he had a real clean Mac 15 sitting on a shelf in the office. He said it was just for display, make an offer on it. I only had $10 on me, so I told him I was broke and would make him an offer when I came back for my tiller. Asked about the saw and he said he got tired of moving it around and tossed it in the dumpster. No offer is too small. Worse case they just laugh at you.

I went by the small engine shop that worked on my Troy Built Tiller. When I dropped it off several weeks ago, I noticed he had a real clean Mac 15 sitting on a shelf in the office. He said it was just for display, make an offer on it. I only had $10 on me, so I told him I was broke and would make him an offer when I came back for my tiller. Asked about the saw and he said he got tired of moving it around and tossed it in the dumpster. No offer is too small. Worse case they just laugh at you.
Wow, what a waste. He should have just given it to you then.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeh the dude sounds like a tool. That may have pissed me off enough to not go back. I get trying to make a dollar but dang man.

Yeh the dude sounds like a tool. That may have pissed me off enough to not go back. I get trying to make a dollar but dang man.

had a local stihl shop i called : hey what do you guys do with the old chainsaws that customer decided not to fix or parts are no longer available , answer we store them in back , me : mind if i come have a look and I will buy them from you ? , him: let me check with service department , comes back looks like we just threw them out last week , Me : all of them ? , yes :(

had a local stihl shop i called : hey what do you guys do with the old chainsaws that customer decided not to fix or parts are no longer available , answer we store them in back , me : mind if i come have a look and I will buy them from you ? , him: let me check with service department , comes back looks like we just threw them out last week , Me : all of them ? , yes :(

Aka the service guys are taking them home and selling them lol

It was my fault. He said he was tired of moving it. I told him I already had one. Trying to make it sound like I could live without it. Should have offered him the 10 I had. Worse part is I know better. I'm the one always telling everybody they offer too much. Plus, I'm old enough that if I low ball someone and they laugh at me, I don't care.

I may have to ask this next time I go to my local shop.

Well my constant Craigslist and FB marketplace shopping finally paid off.. I haven’t found a good deal in a long time. Needs a carb kit, needs cleaned and the muffler mod looks gross but I couldn’t pass it up for $180. Was very pleased when I took it apart off and saw it’s ported and that carb:happybanana:61540A45-39AC-48B0-9E15-606679CC36EE.png2751204E-F4F9-4313-A418-9519BB257BC8.jpeg 144AA1F1-755D-4666-A5DC-817728890D5C.jpegEBCAC1CA-1CDA-42B0-8849-5EC3310C00E1.jpeg

Attachments

• EC4EEAB3-F05B-4812-9A48-3E1B703AFD90.png
    EC4EEAB3-F05B-4812-9A48-3E1B703AFD90.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
Surprise,Surprise. I picked up the 3 saws for $22.50 at the auction a month ago. 0ne 95CC David Bradley with a Power Products engine, and two Lombards. I didn't remember taking a picture of them, and when I went to my place in WV, where I left them, I forgot to take new pics. Well, I did take one pic. I still have to get numbers off them. The red newer looking Lombard is about the same size as a Homelite 1050. If anyone recognizes any of them, jump in and let me know what you think?20191122_092323.jpg 20191202_145235.jpg 20191202_145223.jpg

I just couldn't walk away from two running MS180 saws for $70 total.
My wife traded her MS180CE I gave her to her farrier who was looking for a small saw, so I had at least a decent excuse to bring them home.
View attachment 781446

I used to have a little ms170 I liked. They’re good for what they are really. I like the easy start on those smaller saws too, worked on one for a guy but the problem was they’re too easy...my toddler was able to pull start the saw...so it had to go lol

How are those big David Bradley's to run , I've only heard that they're heavy as hell.
Never run one? I only have two, a 77CC and a 95CC, and neither run. I know that folks do like the big Power Products engines. I would like to hear this big one run, just the way the muffler is mounted, I think it's gonna sound nice.

Just the power head, missing parts, is a bit heavy.

My latest project Dolmar 120si... dang close to mint except the brake cover. Runs like brand new and all OEM!
5181b69241129af55bdbf5f5267e028d.jpg
2f3cfb9f04a66f1e94b416cffafd4ad4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back