"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Homie is a UT-10734R. I can't find much about that model on the web. Anyone familiar with it?
The Homelite is a "XL" or close relative (XL2?). I have a handful of these (6 or so) and no two are the same. The closest to yours, visually, is a later "all plastic" version that is my least favourite of the bunch. I've gone and looked up your UT-number and the list I have quotes it as a Model CS3314 with "last year built" as '94 (or maybe '95: UT10733='94, UT10740='95).

Hope that helps

P.S. maybe compare here:
Seems I'm not allowed to post links?!? Anyway, The Chainsaw Collectors Forum has collections of images for these and Acres has some specs of course.
{oh dear, have I just been a bad, bad, boy? Trying to link to a helpful collection of photos on a "competing" forum? Can I link to Acres site (XL profile) or is that "competition" too? Bit surprised by this ... sorry about the booboo}

P.P.S. My visually closest is a 1996 UT10757 labeled "Homelite XL" on the recoil cover

Attachments

• Homelite_XL_Wijlre.jpg
    Homelite_XL_Wijlre.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
I came across this batch of saws over the weekend. A pair of Jonsered 525's and a pair of Jonny 535's. The bars look nice, plus a pile of usable chains. I'm a sucker for this chassis, though I know there is little love in general for them. I've got two 535's and a 455 in my regular rotation along with another 10 or 12 as projects or parts. Will be fun to dig into these saws when time allows.

$100 for the lot.

Attachments

• 20211128_204854.jpg
    20211128_204854.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Picked up a lot of 346xp goodies a little while back, just getting to them. $300 for the lot - 4 saws in total. All are the 42mm OE. None are all that pretty, but some decent bones to work with.

Already have one running, this thing screams! It may shine up some, but not too worried. I should be able to get 2 more running saws with minor parts - Carb kits, throttle linkage, filters, etc. Should end up with 3 running complete saws, and a good case/crank assembly for parts. All passed a pressure/vac test. Goal is to see what I can get running, then update intake clamps, and play with squish and exhaust.

Saw1: 155psi - running!
Saw2: 135psi - clean looking piston/cylinder, possible ring issue.
Saw3: 160psi - Clean cylinder, stripped exhaust threads on one side.
Saw4: 145psi - scored due to base gasket. Cylinder should clean up.

346s.JPG

Box o Bones:
346p.JPG

Running saw! Going to be a new favorite.
346c.jpg

That is a definite YOU SUCK moment.

Good score!

Picked up a lot of 346xp goodies a little while back, just getting to them. $300 for the lot - 4 saws in total. All are the 42mm OE. None are all that pretty, but some decent bones to work with.

Already have one running, this thing screams! It may shine up some, but not too worried. I should be able to get 2 more running saws with minor parts - Carb kits, throttle linkage, filters, etc. Should end up with 3 running complete saws, and a good case/crank assembly for parts. All passed a pressure/vac test. Goal is to see what I can get running, then update intake clamps, and play with squish and exhaust.

Saw1: 155psi - running!
Saw2: 135psi - clean looking piston/cylinder, possible ring issue.
Saw3: 160psi - Clean cylinder, stripped exhaust threads on one side.
Saw4: 145psi - scored due to base gasket. Cylinder should clean up.

View attachment 947189

Box o Bones:
View attachment 947191

Running saw! Going to be a new favorite.
View attachment 947190

A buddy asked me to fix his 2100, after I got it running well the coil died and when I went to give it back he told me to keep it! So, for the ~$40 I put into it I have a complete 2100 with a 36" b/c that just needs a coil!
You are not the only one in the world looking for one of those!
Best you go sit in Santa's lap and wish REAL hard. :p

You are not the only one in the world looking for one of those!
Best you go sit in Santa's lap and wish REAL hard. :p
Santa says there is a running Stihl TS360 chop saw sitting in the shed, and there's an old trashed TS08 sitting next to it, I'm thinking in a long while when I get motivated if the 360 has the GE coil, the 08 ignition will go in the 360 and the 360 coil will go in the 2100.

Well here we are.
SAY GOOD BYE to 2020.
2019, 886 posts..... 76661 views
2020, 378 posts.....31,000 views
No doubt we under performed last year but we can try for more "you suck" deals in 2021
In 2020 I only grew by 4 saws. Poulan 2900, Poulan P4018WT, Mall 12A, 1957 Homelite EZ-6.
moderator please sticky this one down and lets lock down the 2020 one
Thanks
Hoping for a Happier New Year 2021
BE SAFE
Dave :chainsaw:
I am excited about 2022 with great anxiety we can turn the pandemic and get our country on an even keel in positive directions. I’m just one pea in the pod on a huge bean stalk but I pray my efforts and attitude will rekindle my business to serve others well and motivate those around me to be good servants and work safely, by the grace of God.

Back