"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that air filter sock? I never seen that on a saw before. Looks heavy duty
That's an UNI universal sock filter, that saw has a PVC "velocity stack" adapter for it. Those filters are the ones that I put a tube sock prefilter on and @Maintenance supervisor gives me a hard time about.

My son and I went and bought 14 chainsaws, and 1 pole saw today for 150.00. Two of them started right up, 5 of them fired on carb cleaner. We didn't try the rest. They're mostly Echo, and Shindaiwa, with one of them being a Husqvarna 240. Its one of the ones that fired right up. 4 of them are top handles. I guess we suck now?

My son and I went and bought 14 chainsaws, and 1 pole saw today for 150.00. Two of them started right up, 5 of them fired on carb cleaner. We didn't try the rest. They're mostly Echo, and Shindaiwa, with one of them being a Husqvarna 240. Its one of the ones that fired right up. 4 of them are top handles. I guess we suck now?
Yea you guys suck for sure :laughing: :numberone: great work on getting a good deal like that!

even with low compression, an engine will bark on fuel when introduced. Lets hear what you found when each of the "runners" was dropped on a log.....that certainly looks and sounds, like someone elses junk pile....If 1 saw passes all tests, and runs strong, sell it for whatever, and whittle that 150 down to free. Thats where the fun starts.

even with low compression, an engine will bark on fuel when introduced. Lets hear what you found when each of the "runners" was dropped on a log.....that certainly looks and sounds, like someone elses junk pile....If 1 saw passes all tests, and runs strong, sell it for whatever, and whittle that 150 down to free. Thats where the fun starts.
That is our intention. We are both retired, and bought this stuff to tinker with. Something we both enjoy, and can do together.

I started 2021 with a $100 MS260 Pro that had some damaged plastic and it looks like I'll end the year with another 50cc saw, this one being a Husky 351 that I picked up for $135 the other day.
The chain was a hand filed square grind that was dull and the saw was covered inside and out with pitch and chip goo. It started easy and the high jet was set fat at WOT.
A day of cleaning followed by a fresh grind on the chain and today it looks like this:
DSCN6871.JPGDSCN6872.JPG

So I’ll throw my hat into the ring here….
been lurking for about two years, made a account not long ago. Well the blind squirrel got a nut today….
A 257,261,266se,268xp,272xp. In the case is a old white top 50, Plus a stihl 056 magnum 2 3 bars for the husky’s.
272xp was rebuilt by the guy I got it from, new crank bearings, seals all that stuff. Saw is actually super clean. All oem gear on it and all saws are still all oem Everything hasn’t been touched in 6 years. The stihl needs a muffler, coil and a pull rope/handle for it.
All saws probably need/should have carb kits installed, so doing that and going to use the new ultra sonic cleaner and vac/pressure tester I got for Christmas from my dad
I worked a trade deal, but cost me 150 bucks outta pocket for all 7 saws. .

B88B7A3C-2BBA-4418-BA30-D2178B594F87.jpeg9E94C5BC-4ADB-40B8-9B0F-57A51E4CD40D.jpeg

B88B7A3C-2BBA-4418-BA30-D2178B594F87.jpeg9E94C5BC-4ADB-40B8-9B0F-57A51E4CD40D.jpeg

been lurking for about two years, made a account not long ago. Well the blind squirrel got a nut today….
A 257,261,266se,268xp,272xp. In the case is a old white top 50, Plus a stihl 056 magnum 2 3 bars for the husky’s.
272xp was rebuilt by the guy I got it from, new crank bearings, seals all that stuff. Saw is actually super clean. All oem gear on it and all saws are still all oem Everything hasn’t been touched in 6 years. The stihl needs a muffler, coil and a pull rope/handle for it.
All saws probably need/should have carb kits installed, so doing that and going to use the new ultra sonic cleaner and vac/pressure tester I got for Christmas from my dad

View attachment 952227View attachment 952228

You should win the “Most Suckiest” award.

Whatever level is worse than "you suck"....that's where you exist!
Way to be there planB

Latest posts

Back