"You Suck" Thread 2021"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Shindaiwa spare parts lot from a guy who got it, and much more, from an old small engine shop guy who retired. I first tried just to buy couple of parts for my 488 but the guy had difficulty in deciphering Shindaiwa part numbers so I half jokingly asked how much stuff he had and how much he wanted for all of it. He said he maybe had 40lbs of parts and he would take $200 for the lot because he had no interest or knowledge in Shindaiwa - he collected Huskies. So, I took it all and got the few parts I needed and more.

Now, I have spent 2 days investigating what I have and bagging and labeling them. There is loads of NOS parts, big box of used parts and even old dismantled Shindaiwa saws. There is couple of NOS saw crankcases, Walbro carbs, oil pumps, pistons, clutch parts and lots more. Even some weed whacker stuff. Mostly parts that wear or break and most commonly need replacing. Receipts in the boxes indicate they were originally bought in '90s.

Lots of washing/cleaning/etc. to do with the used parts but I am pretty happy with this stuff. I can keep up my saw for a long time and I might even buy some other models available here in northern Europe.

Here is some pics of the loot.

NOS crank cases, red ones are 488, silver one fits several models.
15013740.jpg

Inventoried parts (lots more to do). Bag in the middle is 488 parts, the one on right is 350, 415, 416, 450 and 500 common parts. 2 perfect NOS Walbros and one with choke parts missing. New starter springs, new front handles, piston rings, air cleaners, rubber stuff, seals, gaskets, screws, springs etc. miscellaneous stuff.
15013739.jpg

Dirty old crap, haven't looked it through yet, I can probably make 3 or 4 good starters and lids seem fine. Need to clean them and take a closer look. Did wash one of the air cleaner lids with a tar remover and it now looks almost new. Didn't even look what the stuff in the bag is yet. Hope that fuel tanks are ok. This stuff smells!
15013738.jpg

Been thinking of your Tullameen spot Bob, whats the situation?
also have a complete chain brake, and handle for your 020
do you still have that first 036 we talked about?
all the best Keith
Got four feet of water in our yard,, happened quickly.
Now cleaning and getting all my waterlogged stuff going.
Still have the 036.
Will message you soon,,real busy

Buddy of mine asked me if I would put together his 3120 that's been a bin of parts for a couple years; I said yes even before he offered me anything in trade.
262 is rough but ran on a prime, 455 fired on a prime, P41 has something goofy going on with the recoil, but feels decent compression wise.
bdc06bf57f0d71d9be30b3f405024073.jpg

Picked up a Husky 61 Rancher today…$75
got it home..no start… fuel line had basically dissolved in the tank. Ok…a little gas spritzed in the cyl…nothing. A little in the carb…zip.
tried to test spark…zip.
oh well. Cyl is nearly pristine both exhaust and intake Sides. Can’t figure out if it is OE or aftermarket cyl…no pt# obvious on the cyl
saw Will clean up easily…used but not abused.
have ordered fuel line and carb kit.
SN: 1611 143014 if anyone knows s numbers :p

would have pics but phone busted …will add later

Went out to buy a new never used piece of rigging gear and came back with these two rascals....
$80 for the super 250serial suggest 87cc, runs on prime but missing pieces and no idea if that bar is original
$20 for the sandcast Poulan 41
View attachment 943801View attachment 943802View attachment 943803View attachment 943804View attachment 943805
I don't think I've bought a saw since April, so I haven't been following. A few years back I bought a Poulan Super 68 with a 31" bar, half inch chain. Paid $40 for it. Primed it and it fired right off, so I filled the tank about half way, primed a couple more times and it took off drawing from the tank, runs great. My old saw guy in WV sold me a loop of half inch chain for it for $30. That chain is so hard to come by, I still haven't stuck it in a piece of wood. It's one of my favorites, next to my big Homelites. I just had a guy drop off 4 dump truck loads of Cherry. Maybe I'll try it out after deer season.
xhOP7Yl.jpg

scejAEd.jpg

I don't think I've bought a saw since April, so I haven't been following. A few years back I bought a Poulan Super 68 with a 31" bar, half inch chain. Paid $40 for it. Primed it and it fired right off, so I filled the tank about half way, primed a couple more times and it took off drawing from the tank, runs great. My old saw guy in WV sold me a loop of half inch chain for it for $30. That chain is so hard to come by, I still haven't stuck it in a piece of wood. It's one of my favorites, next to my big Homelites. I just had a guy drop off 4 dump truck loads of Cherry. Maybe I'll try it out after deer season.
xhOP7Yl.jpg

scejAEd.jpg
You did good on your 40 bucks, my 20 dollar saw aint lookin too good. Piston was stuck and I did get it free after couple days of soaking and gentle rocking of the flywheel. Got it soaking some more to be able to get the cylinder off the piston.
The chain was bear to remove as it was rusted tight. Its been treated with EVAPO Rust and is rust free and mostly moving. Soaking some more in PB blaster. From what I can tell the cylinder looks OK. I'll post any updates in the vintage saw thread.

Picked up a 2016 model 562xp for $188 after shipping, no details other than one picture.

Turns out P&C are mint, still see factory cross hatching. Was just extremely flooded. Got that cleared up and runs great.

Must have been dropped on it's head, missing top cover, brake handle, and one AV mount. Other than that nice shape! Should have it all ready to go for around $250 total.

PXL_20211128_033645593~2.jpg
PXL_20211128_033713122~2.jpg

I helped a neighbor with some work and he gave me these saws that have been in his basement for 20 some years. He no longer cuts his own wood. All run. Does this mean I suck too ?
View attachment 944617
Not only do you suck, but you suck a F##%^ng big one.

Latest posts

Back