"You Suck" Thread 2022"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New, bought in 1989, unopened box...until today :)
Alpina golden 45 (special edition Alpina Prof-41 with longer bar)

What do you think? Should I keep it virgin or do I start it?

Keep it virgin. I like the double throttle triggers.

Did a carb boot fix on a echo cs600, and a hot start issue on a 372.
Gifted me the 395 for the fix.
Dont kid yourself 395s been around the block.
And there may be more,,,,
He left behind a stihl 441 that has issues that have evaded others.

Hey Bob, Is Jarod late for your 2100?
got you a muffler

Thought I posted this previously... maybe wrong thread?? This is the 35 ton splitter I got new for $500. It was lost in the warehouse for years and a manager at the hardware store I haunt remembered it was there when he heard me asking about splitters. Seems the techs pulled the carb off for a repair, ordered and received a new one, and never installed it. They installed the carb, put fluids in it, and delivered it for that price. The current price on these things is in the $2,400-$2,500 range from what I can find... It works just fine. ;)
Logs2w.gif

Thought I posted this previously... maybe wrong thread?? This is the 35 ton splitter I got new for $500. It was lost in the warehouse for years and a manager at the hardware store I haunt remembered it was there when he heard me asking about splitters. Seems the techs pulled the carb off for a repair, ordered and received a new one, and never installed it. They installed the carb, put fluids in it, and delivered it for that price. The current price on these things is in the $2,400-$2,500 range from what I can find... It works just fine. ;)
View attachment 1026816
I often check the back room where they keep the rental equipment at my local Tractor Supply. They put the warrenty returns back there, often marked down substantially in "as is" condition. If you are willing to do some repairs you can get some good deals. Got my current gas pressure washer that way for a little over $100.

I often check the back room where they keep the rental equipment at my local Tractor Supply. They put the warrenty returns back there, often marked down substantially in "as is" condition. If you are willing to do some repairs you can get some good deals. Got my current gas pressure washer that way for a little over $100.
Yeah... willingness, ability, and an inexpensive source of parts go hand-in-hand if you want to do it really cheap!

I got a hold of 5 free snowblowers in about a 14 month period... They all needed some TLC... some more than others. The easiest one needed a double cable stop and having the cables and levers installed correctly. I also filed the scraper bar straight, changed the oil, and adjusted the skids. Done... about $10. The worst one needed a scrapper bar, skids, tubes, belts, chute, hardware, oil and a valve job... about $150 including lube and the materials (compound, head gasket, etc.) to do the valve job. The latest one is an 8 HP... skids, scrapper bar, carb, oil change, and Slime in the tires. About $100 in that one.

My goal is to keep finding free snowblowers until my sons and I all have the best available for our needs and then I'll sell the rest. We could really use another 8 HP at my sons'... They have long driveways with drift problems and state highway department's snow banks with which to deal. The 5 HP blowers work but are slow compared to the 8 HP with it's wider cut and more power in the deep stuff.

Picked up this Wards WD-79 today for $50. Powered by a 100cc West Bend 610 engine. It has good compression. I have also attached a IPL pdf for the WD-79/WD-99.
EDIT:
The saw started and run with fresh fuel.

Attachments

• 20221027_210717.jpg
    20221027_210717.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_210749.jpg
    20221027_210749.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_193032.jpg
    20221027_193032.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221028-015411_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221028-015411_Samsung Internet.jpg