"You Suck" Thread 2023"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang thing LOOKS like new. Great find!
It appears to be a low hour saw. It has a replacement Oregon bar on it, not sure what happened to the original, but I doubt this saw wore it out. These saws sure run great though. Hard to believe something designed in 1962 can start, cut and oil as well as they do.

Broke down and bought a first year 346xp OE yesterday. Just because it was the first year made 1999.

They dont make the early recoil decal or even a repop yet. So ordered the later OE decals to do for now. Just trying to make it right for the collector buyers out there that might want a first year one.

Attachments

• h34699x.jpg
    h34699x.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
  • h346oex.jpg
    h346oex.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 0
First post here even though I've used this site in the past when reading about saw repairs and tuning. I've been wanting to buy a Stihl saw that needed repairs that I can do myself for cheap, mainly because I need the power to cut thru big mesquite trees here in South TX. I picked up this 066 for $130 dollars yesterday. It has a scored up piston and the bar is too rusty to service. I'm intending to put a Meteor piston/cylinder kit in it, go thru the carb, and put a 24" bar on it. I'll use it and if it's too big, probably sell/trade it off for a new MS250 which is more than likely better suited for what my uses are.

Attachments

• IMG_0901 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0901 (Large).JPG
    341 KB · Views: 0
First post here even though I've used this site in the past when reading about saw repairs and tuning. I've been wanting to buy a Stihl saw that needed repairs that I can do myself for cheap, mainly because I need the power to cut thru big mesquite trees here in South TX. I picked up this 066 for $130 dollars yesterday. It has a scored up piston and the bar is too rusty to service. I'm intending to put a Meteor piston/cylinder kit in it, go thru the carb, and put a 24" bar on it. I'll use it and if it's too big, probably sell/trade it off for a new MS250 which is more than likely better suited for what my uses are.
For $130 you should be on the FBI Top Ten.

You suck... you can also send the saw my way if you get sick of it for disposal...

Was chatting to a mate of mine who had three saws to give away as he has got a good electric saw, some green saw, a Husky and a big loud Dolmar. I snapped up the Dolmar and swung him a bottle of rum, all he knows about it is its had the top end rebuilt. Came with two 32'' bars and chains, chains are pretty much worn out. Started on the 3rd pull and came up well after a clean.

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_064607845.jpg
    PXL_20240420_064607845.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240420_064600871.jpg
    PXL_20240420_064600871.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 0
Like a brand new saw under the grime. Just air and wipe down.

1 owner 1986 61. Guy forgot he even owned it and was cleaning his shop out.

Cuts fine like a 61.5cc should. 48mmx34mm open port if recall right. See why folks wanted for firewood saws etc.

Attachments

• h61n.jpg
    h61n.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnnnnnnn.jpg
    h61nnnnnnnn.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnnnnnn.jpg
    h61nnnnnnn.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnnnnn.jpg
    h61nnnnnn.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnnnn.jpg
    h61nnnnn.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnnn.jpg
    h61nnnn.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nnn.jpg
    h61nnn.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
  • h61nn.jpg
    h61nn.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
It appears to be a low hour saw. It has a replacement Oregon bar on it, not sure what happened to the original, but I doubt this saw wore it out. These saws sure run great though. Hard to believe something designed in 1962 can start, cut and oil as well as they do.
I run a lot of old pioneers, and a McCulloch from the 60's, and a handful from the 70s. I like them better than the new saws I have.

They run great, and they are easy to work on. Of course in my opinion it is the way it is meant to be!
I have 2 homelites - an xl12 and a super xl. Both running strong with very little effort to get them going again when I picked them up

Like a brand new saw under the grime. Just air and wipe down.

1 owner 1986 61. Guy forgot he even owned it and was cleaning his shop out.

Cuts fine like a 61.5cc should. 48mmx34mm open port if recall right. See why folks wanted for firewood saws etc.
I have an older white top version. Finally needed a top end and I went with a Meteor kit for that. Did the seals at same time. Performed great for two seasons and now I’m replacing the anti vibe buffers. These saws are so easy to work on and maintain.

I have an older white top version. Finally needed a top end and I went with a Meteor kit for that. Did the seals at same time. Performed great for two seasons and now I’m replacing the anti vibe buffers. These saws are so easy to work on and maintain.
Yep done many in the 66 266 268 268xp 272. I just bought it to see how the 61 one was.

Only going to flip it once gone through.

Oh still have this one. Jred 670 champ

Prefer the 372 and 365 OE's though.

Attachments

• j670weight.jpg
    j670weight.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back