Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, "does it have spark"? What Robin is getting at is that the models with the SEMS ignition module under the flywheel are problematic and prone to fail. Talk about unobtainium.... The plastic fan is prone to catastrophic failure as well. But there is a guy on AS that was/is 3D printing those with excellent results.

They changed the flywheel, the ignition module and aluminum or plastic fan over the saw's run. Lots written in the forums about all this. I think we discussed it here even a few times.

Desirable, collectors saw and a must if you're trying to get a representative of the old Jonsereds. You could quadruple your money just selling some parts off it.

Kevin

Were the Total Super Bars standard issue on these? They are very nice bars.
The bars that came on the old Jonsereds said "JONSEREDS" on them. I can't remember who made them....maybe Oregon. If they had Oregon tips on them most likely Oregon. I never ran any Windsor tips, so don't remember their history. Everybody has been bought out since. Only history & memories now.

I always bought just the powerhead and then put the bars/chains on from my stock. Couldn't power an .063 bar on a an 80/90...should have been a .058., for example.

Kevin

Back