ANYONE NEED ANY BLACK WALNUT TREES REMOVED? MESSAGE ME

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheJollyLogger

TheJollyLogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Most people don't realize that urban arborists focus on 2 things, the health of the tree, and threat mitigation. The wood is just a PITA by product of the work. Even firewood is a losing proposition compared to what your crew could be making out on a job.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
I told him I would bring a chainsaw. He said he did not have a chainsaw. Poplar is not good for burning until it is dry.
Poplar burns like paper, it's not great firewood. Im not picky about what I burn, but it's pretty far down on the list for burn wood. Makes nice boards for cupboards and stuff. Takes stain real well. Biggest issue I have with it, is the nice big ones are yards trees and most local mills won't take them. Webers will if you can fill a truck and it passes the metal detector. Other then that it's about worthless for more then camp wood.

user 188535

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Poplar burns like paper, it's not great firewood. Im not picky about what I burn, but it's pretty far down on the list for burn wood. Makes nice boards for cupboards and stuff. Takes stain real well. Biggest issue I have with it, is the nice big ones are yards trees and most local mills won't take them. Webers will if you can fill a truck and it passes the metal detector. Other then that it's about worthless for more then camp wood.
It's not like they're even being delivered or cut up for me. I like using it for carving.

Latest posts