Bunnies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Darn cat!

I rescued a baby bunny about an hour ago, still holding him.
And then, about ten min ago, I see he's got another one, might be the mama.
I attempted to rescue, but it had a bad puncture wound so I just walked away.:(:cry:
The sad side of nature.

You guys who are having problems with squirrels and rabbits getting in your gardens need to adopt a few cats. They'll take care of it.

Darn cat!

I attempted to rescue, but it had a bad puncture wound so I just walked away.:(:cry:
The sad side of nature.

You guys who are having problems with squirrels and rabbits getting in your gardens need to adopt a few cats. They'll take care of it.
I have two cats, and they ain't getting the Chipmunks, just Mice and Voles. Do I keep them hungrier or what? Do female cats kill more than males?

Big raccoon last night in my Hav-a-hart trap in the garden.

Turkey Vultures 4-18-2024 011 (4).JPG

I have two cats, and they ain't getting the Chipmunks, just Mice and Voles. Do I keep them hungrier or what? Do female cats kill more than males?
My dog got a 🐿 the other day. A first for her. Had a female cat years ago that would climb my pecan tree and catch squirrels. Had a fat old male cat and he would sleep on the back porch while the chipmunks ran all over him. :dumb2:

Idk what makes a good hunter, but my... omg, my Siamese is meowing at the door now, wanting to bring me the rabbits head.:eek::dizzy:
My cats are fed extremely well but some are better hunters than others.
Smoochie, a huge black/white bobtail will hunt, and eat, just about anything, from frogs to cicadas and everything in between.:oops:
I would recommend a black/white tuxedo shorthair neutered male. 👍

What am I going to do with this bunny??
It's been nestled in my bra all day and shows no sign of wanting to come out! :ices_rofl:
I really just wanted to make sure it's okay before I release it outside in a safe place... but, I think we've bonded.
:laughing:

edit: I looked him over, set him down to see how mobile he is and he looked fine so I took him out to the fence row - after putting the cats inside. he got real squirmy the closer I got to the woodsy area and hopped out of my hands and scurried away into the brush.:clap:
I saw two deer as I was walking over there, too. :happybanana:

My little Wildlife Sanctuary is coming along nicely... deer, bunnies, armadillo, groundhogs, nutters, birds, bees, bumbles, and assorted butterflies. :heart:

It's been nestled in my bra all day and shows no sign of wanting to come out! :ices_rofl:
I really just wanted to make sure it's okay before I release it outside in a safe place... but, I think we've bonded.

edit: I looked him over, set him down to see how mobile he is and he looked fine so I took him out to the fence row - after putting the cats inside. he got real squirmy the closer I got to the woodsy area and hopped out of my hands and scurried away into the brush.:clap:

My little Wildlife Sanctuary is coming along nicely... deer, bunnies, armadillo, groundhogs, nutters, birds, bees, bumbles, and assorted butterflies. :heart:
I did not realize Armadillo's were in Tennessee. How long have you been seeing them?

I did not realize Armadillo's were in Tennessee. How long have you been seeing them?
Oh, about five years ago I saw the first one on the highway going to town, about 10 miles from me. Gradually, I've seen them closer and a couple of months ago I saw one - heard it first - gallop past me about 30' away. I actually heard it gallop! It was huge, had to be a good 24" x 24".

It was about 15 years ago when I worked for the nursery, our county was included in the quarantine zone for fire ants. I guess the armadillos followed the ants?
:laugh:

Darn cat!

The sad side of nature.

We have fishers

Bunny.jpg

We have had problems with both voles and chipmunks. I shot over 70 chipmunks two years ago. That vermin cycle is down, for now.

Got a way to exterminate for !@#$ing voles?

Are you lactating? ROFL!!!!! Bunney needs to learn the ways of the wild unless you want a pet.

First garden raider of the year, no woodchucks or deer yet. Be careful unless winter, they carry ticks, fleas, tumeleria (sp?), but taste good, need 2-3 for a meal....

garden bunny.png

Chucky. Right behind the ear, See red dot in pic...

Whistle pig.png

We have fishers

View attachment 1174991

We have had problems with both voles and chipmunks. I shot over 70 chipmunks two years ago. That vermin cycle is down, for now.

Got a way to exterminate for !@#$ing voles?

Are you lactating? ROFL!!!!! Bunney needs to learn the ways of the wild unless you want a pet.

First garden raider of the year, no woodchucks or deer yet. Be careful unless winter, they carry ticks, fleas, tumeleria (sp?), but taste good, need 2-3 for a meal....

View attachment 1174992
At my age??:surprised3: Gawd forbid. :laugh: I just got tired of holding him in my hand and that seemed like a good place. He/she was happy.

Those rabbits of yours are humongous !

I think I've heard those fishers can be pretty vicious?

What's a nutter?

Is that what they call them by you there, or what you call them? LOL!
Nah, just something I made up. I tend to do that, create variations of names/nicknames.
Geese are "gooseballs"
Baby birds are "peeps"
Skunks are "stinky-winkies
My Lucy cat is "nooney" or "Lucy-poo"
Smoochie cat is "Smoo" or "Smooty-wooty"
Ginger cat is "Ginger-snappy" or "Snippy-snappy"
Winkey is "Winkey-tinky" or "Winkers"
...and you're "Wolfie."
:ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back