I Bought The New Makita Mini Saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
user 188535

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
I have always had good luck with Makita tools. I think the biggest consideration for any of these types of tools is to buy something you already have batteries for.
Yep. I wanted to stay all Bosch, but the most popular carving die grinder is the Makita. You also don't see much Miluwakee in Europe or Oceana.

Bubster

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
I have owned Bosch, Makita, Dewalt, and a pile of other cordless drills and saws. What do I always end up going back to? A set of 20 volt Porter Cables that came over on the ark and refuse to die. Maybe I got some bad ones, but Bosch and Makita cordless batteries just don't seem to hold up. But I do have Bosch and Makita corded tools that you can't kill. My Bosch tablesaw set in 2 feet of snow for about a week one time and didn't even sneeze.

user 188535

user 188535

AS Supporting Member
Not sure exactly what hands down means but I saw a video where Milwaukee had a thing you put the 18 volt battery in and got 120volt I suspect ac out. Best I can see at Makita is something to recharge your batteries. Milwaukee has more powerful battery nailers Makita's biggest is the 15 gauge finish nailer. The battery Makita 3/8 drive ratchet thing sure did not do too good on the durability. Are you sure you are in a position to make comments about ergonomics and durability of such a vast selection from both?

On another note I went to your prefeered toolnut on line store. They act like I can still order Makita gasoline chainsaws and get them in 12 to 18 days. I have my doubts, You think they will deliver or waste one's time.
Or acme.

user 188535

user 188535

AS Supporting Member
FWIW, the M18 Hatchet is far faster than my MS151TC Stihl, to the point where I sold my 151 and an contemplating buying an M18 Hatchet and top handle chainsaw for myself.

As far as it being better than a GTA26, that’s a very low bar, hands down the worst product Stihl has recently put out along with the MS162
The 162 is not that bad though. It's the 16-inch bar that makes it suck because, for some reason, all gas saws in the USA must have a 16-inch bar minimum it seems.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 000918.png

Latest posts