Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
Well that's MUCH better, but man that bark looks like Sassafras. Then again, why would anyone get excited about Sassafras. Makes great kindling though. Pop-pop!
I like how it smells, but yep, not much heat and burns fast.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
Well, got good news from my dad yesterday. His buddy that gets the free insulation finally told us he has enough to do my shop. Now I just gotta see when we have time next week to coordinate picking it up. Good thing I have the deck over here yet.

Chainsaw Collectors

Chainsaw Collectors

ArboristSite Operative
Got the freebies yesterday evening. JD STX38 lawn tractor with mismatch model 111 hood, parked 3 yrs ago, all new rubber, idk what I’m gonna do with it. Troy Bilt pony tiller, parked several yrs, los of extra parts, I intend to get it operable for personal use

Attachments

• IMG_8012.jpeg
    IMG_8012.jpeg
    588.3 KB · Views: 0
GrizG

GrizG

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Just saw this in the paper... Not mentioned in the caption, but that's on the Hudson River. Something to which to aspire!

Ten-year-old Riley Williams, of Saugerties, N.Y., caught a 42-inch, 27-pound striped bass while fishing in Glasco, N.Y., on Friday, April 26, 2024. Her father, Jason Williams, said it was her first fishing trip of the season.

1714481433926.png

GrizG

GrizG

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Lucky for me my wife doesn’t seem to mind. I think she enjoys knowing, “he’s down there cleaning his collection” instead of being like some of her friends hubbys…..
View attachment 1173647
My ex, who found a problem with everything always bitched about me messing with my collections (saws, cast iron, duck decoys, guns, etc) and talking on the internet with guys about guns, cast iron, duck decoys, and saws. I said would you rather I be out at the bar?

WoodAbuser

WoodAbuser

aka WoodchuckAbuser
A few weeks ago Family Dollar announced they were closing 1000 of their stores. What do you do when you hear that? Jump in the truck and go shop for deals.
IMG_2873.jpg
Didn't need it, but 50% off made this $6
IMG_2874.jpg
This is how it looks after washing it up and doing some stove top seasoning.
IMG_2875.jpg
Griddle and cast iron seasoning. @svk told me/us about this brand and it works quite well.
I may have to up my game now and go from 10" chocolate chip cookies to 12"

MustangMike
As I've gotten older, I've made a few decisions:

1) I have enough guns, just play with the ones you have and get the most out of them. It may disappoint the purists, but my 348 has an optic front sight so I can still see it and use it. A few years ago, I updated almost all my scopes with either Nikon or Vortex, and I'm very happy with both those brands. They help to make my old eyes a little younger again.

2) I have more than enough saws ... 14 runners from 50 cc to 99 cc and several uncompleted projects. Work on a project when you have time, and enjoy the others, no matter the price, you just don't need more of them!

3) One good running truck and one strong running Mustang are enough for me. As much as I would like to "build" a 60s era Mustang, I don't have the garage space or the time to work on one ... too many other hobbies. Plus, my current Mustang is just so much more reliable than any of them would be. It is very fast, handles excellent, and gets decent mileage (over 20 on the highway). What more do I need???

4) One good road bike and two mountain bikes (both full suspensions, one is a 26", one a 29") are enough. I have difficulty finding the time to ride all of them as much as I would like.

Sawyer Rob

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
It was time to till one of my gardens,

Resized-20240430-145140-S.jpg

It worked up rather nicely,

SR

MechanicMatt

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
A few weeks ago Family Dollar announced they were closing 1000 of their stores. What do you do when you hear that? Jump in the truck and go shop for deals.
View attachment 1173752
Didn't need it, but 50% off made this $6
View attachment 1173753
This is how it looks after washing it up and doing some stove top seasoning.
View attachment 1173754
Griddle and cast iron seasoning. @svk told me/us about this brand and it works quite well.
I may have to up my game now and go from 10" chocolate chip cookies to 12"
I used to season mine on the stove top, lather them up good then put the stove on low heat until it started to smoke. Turn off and let cool, repeat three times

Now, I lather up good and stick it in the oven. I feel it get a more complete “warming”

SVK is the guy I lean on for my cast iron advice

Latest posts