355t or cs590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lube

I want both of the two but can't afford both, at least right now. No pro here, just someone who uses here and there at home and on hunting property. I already have a bigger and smaller saw, but I really like both echo models and just echo in general. I can not decide on which one to get first. help

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I want both of the two but can't afford both, at least right now. No pro here, just someone who uses here and there at home and on hunting property. I already have a bigger and smaller saw, but I really like both echo models and just echo in general. I can not decide on which one to get first. help
Unless your climbing trees get the 590.

esean

esean

ArboristSite Operative
If you're not climbing and still want a small saw, get the 361P, the rear-handled version of the 355T. Much safer and easier to handle on the ground. What size stuff are you cutting? I have a 60cc but rarely need anything that big. I get far more use out of my small saws.

lube

If you're not climbing and still want a small saw, get the 361P, the rear-handled version of the 355T. Much safer and easier to handle on the ground. What size stuff are you cutting? I have a 60cc but rarely need anything that big. I get far more use out of my small saws.
Just smaller type limbs I suppose. The reason I figure top handle is because I can use my tree climber to climb and cut some shooting lanes in specific areas I hunt that are good spots for this upcoming bow season. I will look into the 361p. I also figure a timberwolf because only one specific time a giant hickory closed off the road to leave the hunting area during a suprise snow storm, had to have someone bail me out so I could leave.

esean

esean

ArboristSite Operative
If you don't go the cheap Chinese option, for a casual use saw look at the Echo CS-3510. Same size as the pro 361P but much less expensive.

altatim

altatim

ArboristSite Operative
Sounds like you want a 590 and a small battery saw.
its easy to forget that if its just for occasional use a battery saw in the flavour of the rest of your power tools is a good choice that requires essentially no maintenance and doesn't care how hard you pull it or how fresh your gas is.

Latest posts