New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJwoodcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I am newish here so bear with me. I had mentioned in a post that I was contemplating a new saw. I have a 357xp and a 371xp both were bought new in 99' and 2000. Was thinking of getting the new 572 but got to thinking that my 371 still runs pretty good. Sooo after a lot of thinking, research and Utube vids, I had my dealer order a 592XP with 28" LW bar. Do I need a saw that big? Prolly not but it will be nice for some of the bigger hedge and oak I cut for fire wood.

Nice! I’m not a husky fan but I did look at the 2 my dealer had when the 20% off sale was going on a month or two ago. I also want but don’t need a 90cc saw. Hard to justify the extra money for the 661 aside from running the same bars I already have.

Nice! I’m not a husky fan but I did look at the 2 my dealer had when the 20% off sale was going on a month or two ago. I also want but don’t need a 90cc saw. Hard to justify the extra money for the 661 aside from running the same bars I already have.
It’s all dependent on if you’re milling and cutting huge wood. That’s all my clone 395 gets used for, same for my old 660. I much prefer my modified 590 for a firewood saw

Thought I should update. Had to cancel the saw order. Momma needed new furniture and minor storm damage not covered by insurance ate up my saw budget for now.

Latest posts

Back