More cutting power: 540i xp vs 350i?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stem

ArboristSite Lurker
I've read reviews on the 350i including the recent thread here. Can anyone speak with experience to compare the cutting power between the 350i and the 540i xp?
I have been climbing with a T540i xp for several years now and have a pretty good sense of what that saw can and cannot do. I am looking for the most powerful battery saw I can get my hands on for work on the ground. Already having a couple other Husky battery saws, chargers, etc, so I'd prefer to stick with a Husky. I must say I am a bit confused trying to compare the 540i xp and the 350i. The 540i xp is twice the price, an xp model, and only rated for a 16" bar. The 350i is rated for an 18" bar, is called the "power axe", but is not an xp saw, and is half the price! I have heard that the 350i's charger has a horribly slow recharge time. I've been moderately impressed with the cutting power on the T540i xp, but would definitely appreciate more cutting power in whatever I purchase for a ground saw. Thanks