Redmax two stroke oil for a reasonable price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Cycle Watercooled 3rd generation it is meant for water / air cooled under running under 6500 rpms under constant load.
It was never tested or certified as far as I know. It may have properties that are conducive to using it in a boat motor but that doesn’t mean it’s no good for anything else.

Are there any oils that have been tested, and legitimately meet TC-W3 and JASO FB+ standards, at the same time?
I don’t believe it’s possible for them to meet both, according to Ben. But if it isn’t certified as meeting tcw3 specs, who’s to say it isn’t good to run in something else? I’ve run it (Schaeffers 7000) and have seen from others how it performs after extended use in a ported saw for 20 years. It’s near perfect

That was my understanding too, including Schaefer's having a good reputation in aircooled power equipment, despite the marine rating.

Doubt I'd run it. I can get several varieties of JASO FD oil much more easily.

That was my understanding too, including Schaefer's having a good reputation in aircooled power equipment, despite the marine rating.
Doubt I'd run it. I can get several varieties of JASO FD oil much more easily.
I have associates that uses it in a snowmobile application , loves it . Not available locally . I also have other alternatives that are readily available here .

Most of the klotz race suck to mix when it's cold out. Never really understood it. Once it's mixed in it seems fine.
It (R-50) fell back out of suspension too Sean . We kept it stored in the heated hauler when not in use . It was a different time . Seize & galling prevention was its biggest asset , since it would cling to hot spots immediately . We tore down our sleds between race weekends , so any carbon fouling was taken care of . The new stuff supposedly is better . I have no need for bean oils today lol.

It (R-50) fell back out of suspension too Sean . We kept it stored in the heated hauler when not in use . It was a different time . Seize & galling prevention was its biggest asset , since it would cling to hot spots immediately . We tore down our sleds between race weekends , so any carbon fouling was taken care of . The new stuff supposedly is better . I have no need for bean oils today lol.
I ran R50 in a lawn boy with shot rod and wrist pin bearings at 32:1 it really cut down on the noise.

No me either, other then I love the smell.....just mixed the last of my klotz up. Then onto redmax and red armor.

Found another deal, Stens 4 gallons for $121, free shipping.

No experience with this stuff, claims JASO FD, but doesn't look like they have an actual JASO emblem on the jug.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Full-Syn...gine-Oil-JASO-FD-Certified-1-Gallon/624428899
Description says sold by the case of four gallons.
At my old job our crews only used Stens as thats what our parts guy carried, it ran fantastic in my opinion. Never had an oil related failure, I mixed everything 50:1 whether it was saws or trimmers and blowers to make sure nobody mixed anything up. Only issues were mostly just stuff getting run over or left places :cry::cry:

I don’t believe it’s possible for them to meet both, according to Ben. But if it isn’t certified as meeting tcw3 specs, who’s to say it isn’t good to run in something else? I’ve run it (Schaeffers 7000) and have seen from others how it performs after extended use in a ported saw for 20 years. It’s near perfect
It is possible for an oil to be both JASO FB and TCW3. FB is pretty poor quality oil for air cooled motors. Stihl Ultra is a FB type oil.
Any oil advertised as duel purpose or TCW3 is an ashless dispersent oil and should not be used in a chainsaw. A ashless oil will not pass the API TC, JASO FC,FD OR ISO EGC, EGD standards.
I did run some Schaeffer's in a red bottle years ago because Napa was blowing it out. Used it in my Lawnboy Duraforce which specs a TCW3 ashless type oil. Only ran 3 quarts and it didn't strike me as being any cleaner than a run of the mill TCW3 oil like Yamalube 2M, which is what I typically ran.
I would under no circumstances run it in a saw.. Its not magic and ashless oil in a chainsaw is never a great idea.

Latest posts

Back