Need Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmatelot

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for a cord of "ready to burn" -- Location -- Elgin Ontario Canada ( near Wesrport ON)

This , I realize, is a long shot -- but thought I would give it a try.

Thought I would have enough - but did not get as much ready due to illness.

Thanks for reading

Assuming you don't find what you need here and have to resort to Craigslist, svk's tactic will help you out a ton... Seasoned to you might mean it's been covered and drying for 2 years, but seasoned to your seller might mean they sprinkled some salt and pepper on the splits before loading them up.

It's a medium longshot, but...if you can't find a normal "bulk by the cord" seller who has legitimate dry wood this time of year, take a gander at some of the local bundled firewood, see if there is a contact name you can find and then a number, etc. Contact one of those folks and see if they will do you a wholesale price for quantities of bundles delivered (or maybe if you go pick them up)

Around here, wholesale is 2-3 dollars a bundle, taken in quantities.

It will probably be much better wood over normal bulk wood.

My wood was delivered today -- nice cord -- moisture meter read 21 -- He had his young lad with him (about 17) wouldnt let me do a thing -- the young lad impressed me with his work ethic -- he mentioned that he collected old chainsaws so as they were leaving I gave him an old remington that has been here for years --- it was a good day and my worries are over for this winter.

And you just briebed them to be nice to you in the future! The laddie will be all exited about his new aquirement and haven't got time to think about work ethics for a while.
Nice move you did there. That will warm some hearts too, if it weren't a total piece of junk you just disposed!

Motorsen

Back