Briggs & Stratton Ready Start eingine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihookem

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Briggs & Stratton 190cc ready start engine that is 4 yrs. old... It started puffing smoke for 10 seconds and went away... I thought,, that was weird... Then the next day it did it again.... That was weird.... The next day it ran so bad that it stalled and would not start. I took it off to take it in . Then decided to drain gas . I pulled and it started so I ran it out of gas , however it still puffed smoke... I decided to change the oil. I never changed it and it looked good and burned no oil. I put new gas in it and now it seems just fine.. This engine says it never needs an oil change. ( I dont believe it though) I think the oil got so thin it would blow through the rings.. Does anyone have this engine and do you like it?

Likely it had the oil diluted with fuel and the ccv was sucking it into the carb. Used to see it pretty often at the shop when people didn't shut the fuel off after they were done running. Usually it was contractor/rental issues from the equipment being transported a lot. If it's been pretty much stationary and not hauled around a lot I'd be looking at the needle and seat in the carb. It may not be sealing properly.

Back