• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Gransfors Bruks Maul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wap13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a lightly used Gransfors Bruks splitting maul I would like to trade. I have kept the head oiled with gun oil and oiled the handled with BLO a couple of times. I would be highly surprised if I have split a half of a cord with it. I have other mauls that are not as nice that I grab first only because this one is so nice or use my fiskars because I leave it in the truck just to preserve this one. I dont recall what these sell for but would really rather just trade this. It was given to me and while I hate to get rid of it I hate for it to sit here unused even more. I have owned it just over a year. Would really like to trade for a Wetterlings appalachian forrest axe but would also consider a maul by Mueller, GB scandinavian forrest axe, Velvicut bad boys bad axe, vevlivut large felling axe or Wetterlings scandinavian forrest axe. Looking for something at least as big as a scandinavian forest axe and on the same quality level as GB. The sheath is in new condition but will oil it with Obenauf's before I ship it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P2060231.JPG
    P2060231.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 146
If any wants more pics let me know.

Attachments

• P2060232.JPG
    P2060232.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 58
I've actually been in the market for a nice axe recently also. I've done a lot of research and if you decide to buy one outright, check out the Husqvarva forest axe. It's a helluva deal for the money. I've read that they are produced by either wetterlings or GB. They have a hand forged Swedish steel head, and hickory handle. I've seen them for as little as $72 shipped, which as you know, is less than half of what a GB or Wetterlings would cost you.

I just thought I'd share that with you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the input. I may be mistaken but I think the husqvarna axes used to be made by wetterlings but are now made by hults bruks. Still nice axes but that seems be the current status.

I appreciate the input. I may be mistaken but I think the husqvarna axes used to be made by wetterlings but are now made by hults bruks. Still nice axes but that seems be the current status.

Well, thank you for the info! I don't know much about hults bruks. Are they of the same caliber as wetterlings and GB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I dont know much about them. They dont seem to have the following of wetterlings or GB BUT thats not to say they arent of the same caliber. I think they are also hand forged and very high quality. As high as GB? Cant say but I'd bet a dollar they are a sight better than most of the big box stuff.

Any idea of selling outright let me know.would really like to try out one of these.have a gb double bit but wouldn't take a million for it.

Any idea of selling outright let me know.would really like to try out one of these.have a gb double bit but wouldn't take a million for it.

I have had others ask to buy outright. I may have to go that route but right now only looking to trade. I will post up if I decide to sell vs trade.

Thanks for the interest.

If you sold you Gransfors, what kind of money do you want for it outright? I have one and use it, I wouldn't mind having two if the price is right.

bumping this up one more time then I may have to put a price on it...... or just use it......

It's a nice axe. I have a nice council 5 lb to trade towards it but that's not a velvicut by no means.

It's a nice axe. I have a nice council 5 lb to trade towards it but that's not a velvicut by no means.

I appreciate the offer but that would be too close to the weight of this maul. I was really looking to trade for something lighter like a felling axe or something heavier like a mueller maul.

$125 plus shipping.

I appreciate the offer but that would be too close to the weight of this maul. I was really looking to trade for something lighter like a felling axe or something heavier like a mueller maul.

$125 plus shipping.
No worries. I was just throwing it out there. I use it to drive wedges and it will split kindling down.

No, I didnt. I thought with the change in format to the trading post this add may be gone. After I posted the add I ended up using it a little and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to keep it. Not that I need it, its just such a nice tool and I have a thing for well made tools. I dont need to sell it, just I would pass it along to try something different. Would still trade it for a mueller maul or a wetterlings or GB american felling/forrest axe.

I have a new Gransfors Bruks splitting axe; but I'd like a GB maul instead for splitting Florida Live Oak as the maul looks bigger, heavier and better suited to the iron-like hardness of Live Oak. Interested? Thanks, tim

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for either a heavier maul maul of similar quality or a large felling axe of similar quality.

Back