What is your ideal truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best

My 02 Ford Lightning. Corvette (c5) fast with a bed and good looks. What more could I ask for?

truck

pretty happy with my latest truck 2004 ford f350 6 litre powerstroke
i installed airbags in the rear suspension it has a simpson inovation removable deck at the flip of a switch i can dump tree branches, firewood or load up my quads or sleds in minutes the entire deck changes in about 3 minutes to a camper/dump box /flat deck lots of extra's it's not cheap but i don't even remember the last time i drove my chevy it's growing rust in the driveway
today before i dumped the tree i just cleaned up i weight my truck out at 12720 lbs loaded shhhh. lol
if you want to check it out it's at www.trucktransformer.com

Bought mine not too long ago. Now if I could get it paid for.

2005 F250 Powerstroke, Crew cab, King Ranch Edition.

03 Ram 3500 Cummins 6-speed manual. Got 298K on the odo now and has been a great truck. Is gonna need some work soon as my clutch and injectors are both beginning to speak to me in ways that are not so good! Oh well, guess I will get the toolbox out and go to work on it!!

My Ideal truck ... Anyone that is used as a truck God I hate all the trucks around here with the fancy rims and tires paintjobs and such and the truck is a grocerygetter... idiots

Shame and blaspheme, four pages in the thread and not one picture?

wood.jpg

My Ideal truck ... Anyone that is used as a truck God I hate all the trucks around here with the fancy rims and tires paintjobs and such and the truck is a grocerygetter... idiots

I hope mine does not qualify as fancy grocerygetter rim truck, "they are powder coated with the same stuff as the company uses on Porsche parts though":D

From October to March it always has a load of wood in the bed, along with a dump-trailer on ready to deliver a cord or two of firewood
IMG_0409.jpg

From March though September on most weekends it is either hooked to this

truck_zpsb44ef03c.jpg

Or this
th_MVI_0419_zps856b5b3d.mp4
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0184_zpsbf2554e9.jpg

This is how she looked when I first brought her home "my $300 special". She originally had a little 190hp Ford 302 in it. I did not think that would be enough, so I put in a slightly messaged 355 in her.

I hope mine does not qualify as fancy grocerygetter rim truck, "they are powder coated with the same stuff as the company uses on Porsche parts though":D

From October to March it always has a load of wood in the bed, along with a dump-trailer on ready to deliver a cord or two of firewood
IMG_0409.jpg

From March though September on most weekends it is either hooked to this

truck_zpsb44ef03c.jpg

Or this
th_MVI_0419_zps856b5b3d.mp4
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0184_zpsbf2554e9.jpg

This is how she looked when I first brought her home "my $300 special". She originally had a little 190hp Ford 302 in it. I did not think that would be enough, so I put in a slightly messaged 355 in her.

Umm no, you use it for its intended purpose.

Umm no, you use it for its intended purpose.

All my family and friends think I am nuts for taking it into the woods to fetch firewood. I think that scratches on a truck give it character!

PS: I broke a nice strap hauling a log just like yours out of the woods one day. I went over a small stump with the truck and hooked the front of the log onto it. I felt resistance and instead of hitting the brakes, nailed the throttle. :angry:

All my family and friends think I am nuts for taking it into the woods to fetch firewood. I think that scratches on a truck give it character!

PS: I broke a nice strap hauling a log just like yours out of the woods one day. I went over a small stump with the truck and hooked the front of the log onto it. I felt resistance and instead of hitting the brakes, nailed the throttle. :angry:

Next time use a chain this way you break something expensive on the truck instead of just a strap.:envy:

LOL, uncle did that with his 2week old Escalade ext. He hooked onto a stump with a chain and nailed the gas. Chain broke and went though the first layer of the tailgate! I told him, you know if you just put a towel over the chain before you do that it will stop the chain almost in its tracks!

Same "married in" uncles, brother was unloading his 30-30 on the front seat of his truck up at our dear camp. His lever action 30-30 does not have a trigger guard on it, and he put a round though the passenger door. LOL

Cast iron body, titanium frame, nuke engine, dozer blade out front and firewood processor on the roof.

I'm very happy with my '91 F350. Has the 7.3 with ATS 093 turbo, 4:10's and a 5 speed.
c0d7bc5291d88fff8bef794ee62c81ae.jpg
996ffb616bb4854782609a637b8e87d2.jpg

I'd like to add to the fleet a 2002 Excursion with the 7.3 PSD, a 1976 F250 high boy and some sort of 80's or 90's F350 with a built International DT360 just to show all the Cummins boys they aren't the only game in town.

My ideal truck would have to be a FUMMINS
02 or 03 ford super duty crew cab 4x4 long bed body 6 speed tranny light lift with a pre 53 block 24 valve with a hand full of light mods for good working power ( turbo, lift and injection pump, programmer, studs, gauges, and water/meth injection.) 33" cooper stt's.

My Ideal Trucks:

2006 Dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 6 speed, texas ranch edition, dually, crew cab, 4x4, all the interior goodies, black with chrome running boards, wich and grillle guard, exhaust stacks, banks power pack and exhaust brake.

1979 f-350 extended cab 4x4, 460, 4 speed, fully restored factory orginal, chrome grille guards and running boards, dark mettallic blue.
my 2004 dodge 3500 with 48 foot trailer bumper to bumper 78 feet long

Attachments

• hauling toys.jpg
    hauling toys.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 22
Back