So I have this 394XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decableguy2000

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a 394 I waiting on coil for, normally it has a 32" 7 pin rim on it. I have a 16" total solid nose bar hanging around and I have been thinking of putting that on there with a larger sprocket like a 10 or 11 pin Danzco. I'm figuring I'll have to re-profile the bar tail and add links. How do you figure drive link count. The saw will be used for bucking 8-12" yellow pine, not for production or daily use, just for an occasional play time.

Jeremy

Not sure what you have in mind for the tail
Or what you can do to improve the guide?
OR how much that will or will not effect the count? Do you have a broken chain in that pitch you want to use kicking around ?.. thats a sure way. Wrap it and count the DL other than that for me the easiest definite way that I know to do is mount the bar with lots of adjustment and measure with something ?.. (string) then measures the length.
What ever your pitch is then double it to equal a DL
3/8 is the fraction for .375" x 2 = .750" per DL
Double .404 = .808 per DL
.325 = .650 DL

There is a convertion formula like Jon 1212 pointed out 'to me' which would be great for someone that needs to convert
often. I personally don't need any more numbers stuck in my head as these are already there and I could figure your DL count quicker than writing this post.

Having said all this^^ I'm assuming there is no DL count on the bar? OR it shows 3/8 and .404 as its a hard nose? ...Then just add one for every additional tooth over 7..?

Latest posts

Back