whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a beaut! So that was not just a hard reduction huh? :cold:

Pruning would have made a more gradual living, but for a lifetime; delayed gratification.

You craning out that wood? The wood part of those beeches are when things get interesting. Old cables, concrete, gross canker water.

Ain't that the truth?

So I was picking thorns out of my head last night trying to remember why in the **** I ever wanted to do this, well, it all comes back to the fact that I really don't like people and I am not smart enough to run a ponsi scheme nor the balls for armed robbery soes I guess I am stuck with running trees through my chipper until I either decide to join the human race or go live with Mick Dodge in a tree stump.

I can't remember what I did yesterday except for the thorns but today I got up and cut my dirt then NC came down and ground a couple stumps for me, he cut through some kind of pool pipe but I didn't really care soes I hollered at the kid I am paying 7 bucks and hour to following me around throwing grass seed down making sure he knew I hated him and that I knew he was a worthless slacker dope head then rushed him around and beat on his self esteem til about 3 O'clock when I started sucking down beer and telling him I didn't pay him to ask questions.

One thing I do remember about yesterday is that some Amish logger came up to me with his pants cut like a hobo and baccy dripping down his beard through his worn out gene pool and brown teeth, I thought he was asking me for a bathroom but after a while it turnt out he was looking fer Beth. I was pulling thorns out of my face at the time and I think we both walked away thinking about how strange people are.

I thought it was kinda strange; This dude asking me where the bathroom was and all. I told him to pick a tree and he gave me a look soes I ast him if he had to take a dump and he gave me a deeper look. I guess that is when things kinda turned and I was glad he was out of my hair.

After the groundy was done kissing my ass yesterday I finally was able to come inside and sit down fer a nap as I was pretty ****ing cranky and thirsty. My wife came home shortly after and since I know it was her that turnt me into the township fer parking my chipper in the yard for 9 years she ran upstairs and made me a burger. Wait! Maybe that was today.

I removed three small deciduous trees from the orchard I took over that had their roots chewed up by gophers, were topped, and had root flare because they were planted too deep. One tree had crown gall to boot. There were also these fiberglass stakes in the ground that were buried 3-4 ft deep that I took out that bend like the reed and give off fiberglass splinters. Many of the trees are diseased with bacterial spot

I'm VERY new to arboriculture (only two months into it), but in the relatively short time that I spent in diligent study I can tell you that I think I have found tree hell, but fortunately I have a place to apply what I learned from literature and lurking this site.

Hopefully, I'll have the orchard producing again.

I removed three small deciduous trees from the orchard I took over that had their roots chewed up by gophers, were topped, and had root flare because they were planted too deep. One tree had crown gall to boot. There were also these fiberglass stakes in the ground that were buried 3-4 ft deep that I took out that bend like the reed and give off fiberglass splinters. Many of the trees are diseased with bacterial spot

I'm VERY new to arboriculture (only two months into it), but in the relatively short time that I spent in diligent study I can tell you that I think I have found tree hell, but fortunately I have a place to apply what I learned from literature and lurking this site.

Get out while you still can.

Haven't been here in a while! I see MDS is still alive thought he was in the looney bin by now. Here is a few pics from a poplar TMD helped me on last week
image.jpg image.jpg

What the hell are you doing out there?? The tree is the other way!!:laugh:
Just having a little fun, you know I can do that now. I started climbing srt about a year ago, I'm actually redirected out there, on my way back up to retrieve my biner

Lets see, trying to get a orchard back into production located in southern California. Chip the trees and start growing cactus for the new landscapes coming down the road.

Back