Can You Make Any Money Doing Firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
No! If you could the Mafia and the Hell's Angel's would be involved. But if you stay small you can keep it all.
Just scored 250 cords of standing beetle kill 800 feet away from my shack and have 20 cords ordered.
Firewooders are loggers but they dont know it.
I did a cord of spruce today. Felled it, limbed it, blocked it, loaded it, unloaded and piled it, then unloaded it again. It's good exercise if nothing else, and it's one of the best jobs you can have in the bush.
My furthest customer is 3 miles away, so it doesn't get any better than this , but it doesn't get a whole lot worse.
Don't screw around with a woodcutter!

?? "NOPE"!! ..... not a thin dime can be made selling firewood! so please send me a list of all your customer's that are in my delivery area... this way I can go broke with dignity as the wolf is walking up to the door?? and "YES", there is no need to go to the gym for a fitness workout after dealing with wood ! so there the cat is out of the bag as to a money maker or a poor man's savings in firewooding101? lol BTW = HERE'S AN A.S. "YOU SUCK" FOR YOUR GOOD SCORE!........

The owner of the party store by my house gives me 3 bucks per bundle (like you get at a gas station) of wood he doesn't care what kind of wood it is so me and the 241 just go out in the woods (right behind my house) and rip up some fallen trees that are already dead seems to be alright for extra money it's no living but get a case of beer every day so can't *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No! If you could the Mafia and the Hell's Angel's would be involved. But if you stay small you can keep it all.
Just scored 250 cords of standing beetle kill 800 feet away from my shack and have 20 cords ordered.
Firewooders are loggers but they dont know it.
I did a cord of spruce today. Felled it, limbed it, blocked it, loaded it, unloaded and piled it, then unloaded it again. It's good exercise if nothing else, and it's one of the best jobs you can have in the bush.
My furthest customer is 3 miles away, so it doesn't get any better than this , but it doesn't get a whole lot worse.
Don't screw around with a woodcutter!
Leave it to you to score 250 cords of CULLS !!!

They are all mostly culls Brian, but there's enough big uns to build another house, so I won't slice and dice those one up into stove wood. Lol

They are all mostly culls Brian, but there's enough big uns to build another house, so I won't slice and dice those one up into stove wood. Lol
You got that cabin close to be liveable yet ? I just started a barn out of the cedar i have been milling up ,got the skeleton of cedar poles standing now ,gonna need some more cedars to side it though .

You got that cabin close to be liveable yet ? I just started a barn out of the cedar i have been milling up ,got the skeleton of cedar poles standing now ,gonna need some more cedars to side it though .
Not quite. I still have to insulate the floor and the roof and install a stove.. How big is your new barn?

Not quite. I still have to insulate the floor and the roof and install a stove.. How big is your new barn?
32x24 for now ,i can add on to it later if need bigger ,i really want to get some kind of roof over the mill ,16x 24 would be enough to keep the sun or rain off it ,be nice to make the tracks longer too at same time ,i can go 13-6 in one pass right now and get a strait board ,be nice to do a 20 footer if needed ,to do 16 footers right now i need to flip and slide the beam down to finish my cut so last couple feet get crooked sometimes .

Whenever anyone asks me how much money can be made at firewood i say its minium wage at best..and thats if i scrough all the wood for free. It is definitly more cost effient for me to burn it than to sell it.

Back