Can You Make Any Money Doing Firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McPherson

McPherson

ArboristSite Member
fixed :D we measure as brian stated, same with everyone right up to 5 km's from the Ontario/Quebec border, i swear you guys are in your own little world. LOL even the quebecistanians come here and try tell all the locals they're wrong. your measurements equal a tad over a legit 2 cords and 6 face cords which is how everyone i've met from quebec measures. bottom line, quebec never has and never will make sense. no insult to you it's just funny. you guys get more money for the wood then people who measure legally.
Whe're both on that point, there's something wrong with the way things work here!! We're a bunch who do no agree how the way thinks work down here, but well. I'll try to look on the internet how it's measured outside of our border! ;)

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Whe're both on that point, there's something wrong with the way things work here!! We're a bunch who do no agree how the way thinks work down here, but well. I'll try to look on the internet how it's measured outside of our border! ;)

LOL at least your totally willing to learn other way, most quebecistanians would have argued with me to no end! legally in this world a cord is 128 cubic feet. no matter where you are in the world that is what it measures.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Beautiful view you have there, Gypo. Why are all of your saws sitting outside though?

You wood has half split itself already!

you'd **** if you knew how much of that pic was staged. gypo likes to make things look out of this world to add to the discussion. you don't even want to see where he puts his recycling. he enjoys his beveraging!

McPherson

McPherson

ArboristSite Member
LOL at least your totally willing to learn other way, most quebecistanians would have argued with me to no end! legally in this world a cord is 128 cubic feet. no matter where you are in the world that is what it measures.
From what I saw, we call a cord that we sell ready to burn in a fireplace (16in x 8ft x 4ft) what you call "one-third of a cord". And when we want a truckload they sell it in 8ft x 8ft x 4ft cord, which is what you call a cord.

Toxic2

Toxic2

ArboristSite Operative
Dont worry about the french fellas..they are definitly in their own willy wonka world over there..I am in NB and have to deal with alot of the ones that "escape"...A cord is 4 feet x 4 feet x 8 feet...except when your in quebec..then its whatever they feel like because the government will subsidize the rest of it for them..

pro94lt

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here it is 50$ a Rick which is 4x8x whatever length cut usually 16 inches. Split oak. That's the average the culls will let a Rick go for a 30 pack which is around 20... I do it and probably break even at it but it's just to keep my ground guys busy...

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
The face cord is more of a nursery measurement in the south. The trick is to fluff it up and pump as much air into it as possible. How's it gonna dry if there's not big gaps between the pieces? Lol.
People that order a facecord want the bottle of wine to go down as fast as the fire does.
I outdid myself and did a cord and a half of gopher wood today and sold another four and got a tree removal job to boot. She loves me, cause I quoted three hundred or 50$/hr., which ever is cheaper. Just of few goon trees about 8" dia. max. Tree removal company wanted 1500.00, but I know what side my bread is buttered on.

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Getting back to the big takedown. The client asked me about damage and liability. I told her if anything gets damaged there is no charge and if I get hurt, dig a hole and bury me right here!
A gentleman's hand shake, you can take to the bank.
If you guys don't ever hear from me anymore, that means I'm trolling for topsoil trout. Lol
John

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I'm gonna go off topic here I'm thinking about getting a pot grade saw this year and I was wanting some input should I go with the ms461 magnum or ms661 magnum?

Lot of discussion on the chainsaw forum about this. Until you get into wood that needs a three foot bar, the 461 will hold it's own with the 661.

Latest posts