ATV skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PA010101.jpg

My friend now THAT is a picture. Great work with the camera.

good to see this thread back up

here's some more pictures from the cottage for May long weekend.

To make an ATV useful in the woods an arch really helps. My neighbour made this one and i've used it for a 1400lb log. Also, if you are on any sort of budget, the older suzuki kingquads do pretty well in the woods. 4' wide, low centre of gravity, more gears than a tractor, and a manual dif lock. Its not very flashy or "powerful" but I have never run out of power yet, just traction.

Hey guys i just got a Norwood Skidmate logging arch, great engineering in my opinion. I am in the process of assembling it but pics to come!

Craig

grizzly

any thoughts on the Yamaha grizzly for hauling firewood out of the woods? i really like the idea of power steering.

Nice. That's the exact 4-wheeler I would love to have some day, except in the dark green. It does say '500' on the front view picture doesn't it? What year model is it? Is it the manual shift or the automatic?
I've never owned a 4-wheeler, but have rode quite a few different makes. What I've researched so far, I think I like what Arctic Cat has to offer in a 4-wheeler compared to Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.

Kevin

If I'm not mistaken, Arctic Cat uses either Suzuki or Kawasaki engines. I haven't done and research, but I'm pretty sure that's right. Eng is great on Cats, I had a buddy that tried to cross a ditch the day after spending $7400 on a new cat...didn't make it. After a few oil changes and clean up, Still running fine. He had problems w/ the auto trans after not propperly re-sealing the cover. Did I mention it is for sale?

In my opinion the electric power steering is just one more thing to go wrong. Honda is offering it now as well. I don't have a problem steering my quads manually anyways.

If I'm not mistaken, Arctic Cat uses either Suzuki or Kawasaki engines. I haven't done and research, but I'm pretty sure that's right. Eng is great on Cats, I had a buddy that tried to cross a ditch the day after spending $7400 on a new cat...didn't make it. After a few oil changes and clean up, Still running fine. He had problems w/ the auto trans after not propperly re-sealing the cover. Did I mention it is for sale?

Which model Arctic Cat is it? And what year model? How did he get the cover properly re-sealed? Sounds like your buddy is disappointed with his Arctic Cat. I've heard of re-sealing problems on different auto. trans. 4-wheelers. I'm still leaning towards a man. trans. 4-wheeler when the time comes for me to buy one.

Kevin

Bump! Great question that's still relevant nearly 10 years later. Favorite ATV Skidder?

good bump there AXS!!...i'm a one man thinning crew too,except when my friends wanna help get their wood and mine.:clap:
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

good thing I spent 17+ years logging with skidders BEFORE I decided to go "hobby"....:laughing:
the chipper no like 2" diameter wood,which is good.....I keep it all down to 2" and the woodlot has no brush piles anywhere.landowners love that. love that round wood for me!

REMORQUES WORKING 039.JPG
PINEHARVEST2005 015.JPG
JIM'S WOODLOT 013.JPG
JIM'S WOODLOT 012.JPG
JIM'S WOODLOT 001.JPG
CHECK PHOTOS 021.JPG
atv log arch.jpg
STONE MT WOODLOT 043.JPG
STONE MT WOODLOT 047.JPG

Nice A100HVA! I like that ATV trailer you're skidding with. How much can that arm pick up?

Nice and handy! I'm looking pretty hard at the logrite ATV skidder. For the stuff around here that is sounding like the way to go. Expensive $$$.

YES!!!.... it sure is,BUT if on your own land,or good other spot YOU can really have a good system with outrageous result's. certainly good for comments from people who know how it goes!and see the end results!.....nothing is "cheap".......:dumb::cold::dancing:

Back