Black Friday deals to look out for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractorsaw1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Post up any wood cutting related black Friday deals you are aware of. I hate shopping malls but with 1 son & 4 girls kinda hard to avoid that. Last year I picked up some new chains buy 2 get 1 free. Not killer but better than Mall shopping :)

A few of my local dealers are not participating in the Husqvarna black friday sale, so make sure u call and ask. Im looking to pick up a 580bts backpack blower. Of coarse the only dealer to have the blower in stock wont participate in the deal. Luckily one of the better dealers said if i come in on black friday, I can order the blower at the black friday pricing.

Thats a great deal on a splitter, with inflation it should be worth more than you paid for it in just a couple years.

I may pick one up and if I do - I'll report back with the results.

As mentioned, my local TSC has them at 899.00 which I thought was go for it price until I saw others post an 849.00 price

A few of my local dealers are not participating in the Husqvarna black friday sale, so make sure u call and ask. Im looking to pick up a 580bts backpack blower. Of coarse the only dealer to have the blower in stock wont participate in the deal. Luckily one of the better dealers said if i come in on black friday, I can order the blower at the black friday pricing.

Update: looking to now purchase 2 580bts

Went to dealer this morning and left with $500 still in my pocket. As we all knew, the deal is on in stock items only. The dealer went out of his way to call the local warehouse, that was closed, but luckily he could check the inventory of the warehouse online. If the blower was in the warehouse, he could order it and eventually get the serial number which is what you need to make the deal happen. The warehouse didnt have the blower in stock. The next option for him is to find a dealer with the blower and buy it from him. He said he would call if they found something. Whats really in it for them to do all this running around on something that they arent making much money on?

Which leads me to the next thing, found a dealer that has 4 of the blowers in stock, buttttt he laughed at the black friday promotion and says he dont make much on this stuff( as we all know). This same guy told me last month that he pays $470 for this blower and it sells for $579.99. If i buy this a regular price. its $626 otd. If i buy it at 20% off , we're talkin $501 otd. Thats a big difference, not to mention id be supporting my local dealer. There's a few online dealers that will sell and ship the same blower for $500 as long as u call the order in over the phone. Id much rather support my local dealer, but they dont wont to participate in this program and I dont blame them.

Update: looking to now purchase 2 580bts

Went to dealer this morning and left with $500 still in my pocket. As we all knew, the deal is on in stock items only. The dealer went out of his way to call the local warehouse, that was closed, but luckily he could check the inventory of the warehouse online. If the blower was in the warehouse, he could order it and eventually get the serial number which is what you need to make the deal happen. The warehouse didnt have the blower in stock. The next option for him is to find a dealer with the blower and buy it from him. He said he would call if they found something. Whats really in it for them to do all this running around on something that they arent making much money on?

Which leads me to the next thing, found a dealer that has 4 of the blowers in stock, buttttt he laughed at the black friday promotion and says he dont make much on this stuff( as we all know). This same guy told me last month that he pays $470 for this blower and it sells for $579.99. If i buy this a regular price. its $626 otd. If i buy it at 20% off , we're talkin $501 otd. Thats a big difference, not to mention id be supporting my local dealer. There's a few online dealers that will sell and ship the same blower for $500 as long as u call the order in over the phone. Id much rather support my local dealer, but they dont wont to participate in this program and I dont blame them.

You're in New York have you tried Spike60 ( Ulster County, NY)?
Ashokan Turf and Timber

845-657-6395

Yea I actually went down to Spikes shop a month agao to pickup 2 blowers, but unfortunately he had the other version of what we wanted. His price was great though. Wish we could have made something work.

I must have called 10 different local dealers this afternoon and only one was participating in the black friday sale. Ive given up on getting my blower locally.

I cant believe not many members have taken advantage of this sale.

No dice there. They replaced the 5020 with a Remington about 3 months ago they marked them down 40%. I was all ready told do not buy a chainsaw, I would get beat for a $45 5020
f40aaf6bd6ef3a80b79dfdb1a8a96b4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back