Need Help Identifying A Poulan Pro Saw I Just Got I think it’s Possibly a 655 not really sure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielmorris

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
IMG_5478.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5475.jpeg
    IMG_5475.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5479.jpeg
    IMG_5479.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Why do you want to put a nice antique saw like that to work on a mill? There is no parts support on those. Burn it up and your out of luck.

Those saws also are known to have a issue with the divider between the oil tank and fuel tank falling out and is a major repair to fix it right. Hard work on a mill might help that fail.

As to the boost port, don't worry about it, not much difference between them in the real world.

Why do you want to put a nice antique saw like that to work on a mill? There is no parts support on those. Burn it up and your out of luck.

Those saws also are known to have a issue with the divider between the oil tank and fuel tank falling out and is a major repair to fix it right. Hard work on a mill might help that fail.

As to the boost port, don't worry about it, not much difference between them in the real world.
Well I do t know much about these saws so I thought I would ask I picked it up for super cheap that’s why I was going to use it on my mill but now with what you’re saying I might not I just Wasn’t sure what the cc on this saw were I got it for less than a hundred bucks so I figured useing it if it would handle it was a smart thing to do

Well I do t know much about these saws so I thought I would ask I picked it up for super cheap that’s why I was going to use it on my mill but now with what you’re saying I might not I just
Yep, that is a 655. Mine does not have the BP badging, but it's a BP.

Don't mill with that saw. There are no more parts for it.
so is there a market on these things I need a saw for a mill think anyone would want to possibly trade or buy something like this I’m by know means a collector i just need a saw for milling every once in a while maybe a dozen boards a year at the most

Well I do t know much about these saws so I thought I would ask I picked it up for super cheap that’s why I was going to use it on my mill but now with what you’re saying I might not I just

so is there a market on these things I need a saw for a mill think anyone would want to possibly trade or buy something like this I’m by know means a collector i just need a saw for milling every once in a while maybe a dozen boards a year at the most
What size wood are you trying to mill? I might have something for you we can trade.

What size wood are you trying to mill? I might have something for you we can trade.
I have a 36 in Alaskan saw mill and on occasion may want to mill something that big it would only be used about a dozen times a year at the most I would definitely want something bigger than a 70cc saw I’m assuming

You're going to need a pretty big saw for 36 wood. I have them, for example a Stihl 090. But it would be more than your Poulan's value.

Your poulan would do it, but man, there are zero parts out in the wild for those.

Take good care of it or just buy a Chinese 660 for cheap and run that sucker until it doesn't.

You're going to need a pretty big saw for 36 wood. I have them, for example a Stihl 090. But it would be more than your Poulan's value.

Your poulan would do it, but man, there are zero parts out in the wild for those.

Take good care of it or just buy a Chinese 660 for cheap and run that sucker until it doesn't.

Do you know what this saw is worth and I would buy a Chinese saw if I had the money for one maybe I can sell this one for what a new Chinese saw that would handle my mill you think I could get rid of it for the kind of money it would take to get a Chinese saw just a question I thank you for your time answering my questions I’m kinda clueless

Wouldn’t know anyone who would want to buy it for the value of a Chinese 660 and the cost of a bar and chain i just want to sell it and have enough to buy what I need to get me going not looking to rake in a huge profit or anything I guess is what I’m asking. What would you try to sell it for if it was yours ?

Do you know what this saw is worth and I would buy a Chinese saw if I had the money for one maybe I can sell this one for what a new Chinese saw that would handle my mill you think I could get rid of it for the kind of money it would take to get a Chinese saw just a question I thank you for your time answering my questions I’m kinda clueless

It's hard put a value on it. For example that fuel tank cap. They swell up with ethonal fuel and require chanel locks to get off. It looks like yours is there because of the marks on the cap. That cap is no longer available and finding a good used one is next to impossible. Without a cap the saw can't run.

A new G660 with bar and chain runs around 450 -500. You can sell that BP 655 for that and get a new saw. That is what I would do.

It's hard put a value on it. For example that fuel tank cap. They swell up with ethonal fuel and require chanel locks to get off. It looks like yours is there because of the marks on the cap. That cap is no longer available and finding a good used one is next to impossible. Without a cap the saw can't run.

A new G660 with bar and chain runs around 450 -500. You can sell that BP 655 for that and get a new saw. That is what I would do.

Man I really appreciate your help on this if you know of anyone who might want to buy it please let me know I would love to sell it and get my mill rolling I have a couple table tops I’m working on and need to slab out some wood soon. Again I appreciate all your help thank you

Man I really appreciate your help on this if you know of anyone who might want to buy it please let me know I would love to sell it and get my mill rolling I have a couple table tops I’m working on and need to slab out some wood soon. Again I appreciate all your help thank you

No problems.

I would buy it, but I need another chainsaw like I need a hole in my head.

Latest posts

Back