Be Careful Out There

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It melts right off until you get around forty or fifty. Then it starts hanging on. It's either that or my wife is washing all my pants in super hot water and they all shrunk about the same amount.
Yeah, that must be it.
great, i'm 43 so means i'ma gonna get fat now lol. dad got a belly about 55, maybe i can hold on that long. some years i put a couple pounds on in winter but it so hot in the summer here i will go down again. seems like if i'm busy falling i just stay around 160. weird though, in my early 20s doing 2-3 cord of fire wood a day i was 210.

you right silver, i have always been a low carb eater, i crave meat and hate bread.

Stoopid Packers. Bears pass coverage was unreal.
I think Rogers has lost a step plus he has no one to throw the ball to. They couldn't catch anything and ran sloppy routes. Pretty embarrasing that we lose to them in lambeau while Bart and Brett are in the house. If it wasn't for all the bear penalties we wouldn't have even been in that game. That and Lacy.

Its as if the other teams watched some film and the Packers turned out to be pretty easy to figure out.

Maybe they should have had Brett suit up for one more home game...

great, i'm 43 so means i'ma gonna get fat now lol. dad got a belly about 55, maybe i can hold on that long. some years i put a couple pounds on in winter but it so hot in the summer here i will go down again. seems like if i'm busy falling i just stay around 160. weird though, in my early 20s doing 2-3 cord of fire wood a day i was 210.

... .

Bob was being kind as he didn't mention that you get shorter too - throws that weight to height ratio off. Ron

Yup, that happens too. It's part of getting older. But don't worry about old age...it doesn't last too long.
so y'all are sayin i will become a short stout man that can't see **** and is grouchy..........i will be dad lol. the glasses thing is already becoming a pain.....how many pairs do ya gotta have around to have um when ya need um?

Contact lenses are great. I've had maybe a half dozen incidents with losing them etc in the last 15 years. Glasses on the other hand are always lost, always dirty or always broken.

No. In fact, when the lenses are out you realize they protect your eyes a lot. You don't feel grit until it gets off the part of they eye covered by the lens, which in my case is nearly all that is exposed. They Especially protect from smoke, fumes etc. All around winner at least in my case.

Yup, contact lenses are nice, but you have to have only dioptrical correction. Once you have cylinders (astigmatism), mainly with sth alike 90° main axis, you are toasted with them-shake, mess in the eye, little hit in the eye, water drop/raindrop in the eye-the lens moves a little and you can´t see anything. Whole picture squeezed into deformed mess. Titanium spectacle frames (mainly half-frames with tied-in lenses) are winners here. Keep sth to clean them a bit and you are OK. Broken? If you get such a hit in the head they are broken, you have other serious troubles than caring about spectacles and with these, you have probably no more troubles for ever, period. Well, stepping on them on sandy landing with caulks is something what will surely alter the optical quality a bit, but the frames will be OK:numberone:
One of my best $300 ever spent-titanium half-frames on true 75% sale, now I´m more than willing to pay full price for these. No wear&tear, no staining, no finish loss, if sth bad happens I need at worst two pairs of pliers. After four years I´m still on my first glass in them, albeit I´m thinking about getting new. They flew from my face while riding a bike, were smashed when I barely avoided a 2" springpole triggered by wild boar I was chasing with in the brush... Still going strong.

I think I'll look into those Frank. It doesn't hurt to have some specs around to give the eye balls a break now and then. Contacts cost me about 250 bucks a yr. Maybe 300 after supplies

Lucky man, in some ways. Except for the astigmatism, my eyes are more than good for an airline pilot (tap tap...), but astigmatism makes a helluva mess. My lenses would cost about 500 bucks a set, wearable for 1 year. Lost one? OK, here we go waiting time 2-3 months, whole price again, plus all the trouble if a reposition happens. Plus, when sawing or so, I prefer specs all the way-if you get hit in the eye as "oh, $/it", blink several times and it is OK or so-so, that´s where the contact lens would shield you completely most of the time. But with a "holy c#ap, I might have to visit a doc" kind of mess in the eye and ten minutes teary blinking and trying to wash your eye in the stream, with contact lens outta positin, maybe some mess under it-never ever again. You need someone with clean hands and knowledge how to remove other person´s lenses. Alone in 500yds in the brush? No, thx.
Btw, a good smack can reposition the contact lens on its own. Have seen a guy experiencing this (not in the woods) and albeit he was OK after week worth of rest, it was not pretty when he needed to run away a bit and was so desoriented he was about as fast as Sleeping Beauty taking a nap. Hadn´t we been shouting on him luckily from the right direction to run to, so he could get the direction by ear, it could have been ugly. If you loose specs, you are without them-and you know how is it. But a repositioned lens, which can feel like a running powerplane in your eye is just a mess.

Titanite or how are called all those steel alloys with very high titanium content are also very good, some of them maybe better than the titanium itself-often there is more material, it is harder-ie. holds shape better, under bigger smack. And having safety plastic lenses, or usual Triplex or other safety mineral glass lenses ground into them is not that expensive nowdays. I checked and my frames are not pure titanium, but such an alloy with some crazy high titanium content.

commercially pure Titanium is expensive,

the alloyed stuff still isn't cheap but is easier to work and very springy without any kind of heat treat. The aircraft industry is using more and more titanium so more and more folks are learning how to work it, bringing the cost to manufacture down.

Back