346xp OE Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just for everyones info, i bought a modded gypo 346 from timber tool. i pulled it apart and the only mod done was he electrical taped a reed in the intake port! i'm still pissed! the muffler mod was a fiberglassed deflector to the muffler. smoked like hell and stunk like a gay1212 bag'o'dicks. he said it was a great performer.
Quite your whinning, you got the high comp oil cap and the slick 50 and the 84 DL chipper chain didn't you?
WTF! No need to limb your trees, they are always hung up!
Shane, I'll let you pack my wedges, my gas and I'll even let you limb my trees and rest of the time you can just sit on a stump.
Just got back from Faro Yukon. The female RCMP officer here is an absolute monster! I'm talking sasquatch! Irregardless, I would really like to meet her. You'll be reading about it later in the papers. 'RCMP Pounds Sawed Off Runt Like a Cheap Steak.'
Chainsaw? Haven't started one in weeks. I hate saws!

Got the new partition, bellows and flange installed last night and sealed it up again. Going to pressure/vac test again today and hope to not find leaky seals!

Anyone need a set of bearings and seals for a 350?

On a related note, that metal clamp is a b!+€h to get on and I finally gave up and used the nifty little screw type clamp Spike60 sent me. I even put a bevel on the latch like old-cat recommends and couldn't get it. Guess I wasn't holding my tongue just right...

On a related note, that metal clamp is a b!+€h to get on and I finally gave up and used the nifty little screw type clamp Spike60 sent me. I even put a bevel on the latch like old-cat recommends and couldn't get it. Guess I wasn't holding my tongue just right...
Those clamps are tough at first, but after a few they get easy. The right needle nose pliers help.
Oh and I put it on while the jug is off the saw.

those metal clamp can be difficult the first times.
There was a screw style clamp on their first service bulletin, # 503 56 00 03, later updated # 505 28 33 02
https://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/parts/505283302/

350 is a clamshell saw, so I would assume the seal is different
Those clamshells suck :laugh:.
Got the new partition, bellows and flange installed last night and sealed it up again. Going to pressure/vac test again today and hope to not find leaky seals!

Anyone need a set of bearings and seals for a 350?
I could have used a couple a few weeks ago;).

Looking forward to seeing a nice video of it FC.

Got the saw all back together and guess what...it runs the same way it did before! It will start and run perfect for about a minute or two then apparently leans out or at least acts like it...races at idle and spins the chain fast. I assumed the tank vent was the culprit and I thought I had fixed the problem by swapping tanks with one of the 350s but it still acts the same way. Burping the lid seems to clear it up for a minute.

Is this a fuel delivery issue or something else? I would think I ruled that out by swapping out tanks but maybe not? This is getting very frustrating at this point!

Pull out the tank vent and see if it help, 346 tank vent has a hose attached to the vent.
If it's the tank vent who give you trouble, use a little pliar throught the little hole, knock out all the vent parts, put back the biggest part and you have done an easy tank vent modd

Did you install bellow partition flange clamp before you mounted the cylinder?
And did you also swapped the little impulse hose?

Pull out the tank vent and see if it help, 346 tank vent has a hose attached to the vent.
If it's the tank vent who give you trouble, use a little pliar throught the little hole, knock out all the vent parts, put back the biggest part and you have done an easy tank vent modd

Did you install bellow partition flange clamp before you mounted the cylinder?
And did you also swapped the little impulse hose?

I think I ruled out the vent or fuel line by swapping tanks. I thought for sure that would solve it but no such luck.

I installed a new intake before mounting the cylinder. I reused the impulse line as it looked fine. Keep in mind the saw passed a pressure/vac test.

This one has me completely stumped.

I haven't tried swapping carbs, I do have a Zama that I can try. But I'm leaning towards tank vent as well, considering that burping the tank clears it up temporarily. It's just weird that swapping out the tank didn't help. Maybe this is just a thirsty saw? It feels like it has strong compression for sure.

Back