372xp coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff J Greilich

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Quick question, can someone recommend a decent aftermarket replacement coil for a 372xp? I looked online for an ipl and can't seem to locate one, so I am unsure of the OEM part number. Thanks!!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Screenshot_2017-03-01-14-49-42.png

Thanks! Are these pretty standard for this particular saw? Any variations I should look out for? How's this one look? 12 bucks :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I have an $8 hutzl one in testing that's been decent. i would not trust them as a professional cutter as of now but for firewood cutters or homeowners/land owners they work. i had to get 2 because the first one didn't work. both create a nice bright blue spark but on the same saw it will run perfect with the second one but will only just fart with the first one. it lives on the firewood saw until i get enough time on it to trust it on a saw in the bush. i think that if your anything short of OEM just look for the best price on AM. lots of mark up out there and every single AM one i've seen has looked near identical.

Ok, I got my AM coil and I want to make sure that this is hooked up correctly. I got three wires with this coil, and I am assuming that there is a variety for different saw models20170322_202449.jpg 20170322_202502.jpg 20170322_202541.jpg . My question is....Besides the spark plug wire, is there only one other wire to hook up? I have the coil hooked up now to what looks like a grounding screw. This is the original wire on the saw. I am also showing a pic of the three wires it came with. Thanks!

what was wrong with your original wires? ya those wires are junk man. throw them in the scrap wire bin and get OEM or make one like OEM. only place i found to buy those type OEM connectors to make a proper wire was from northwood saw and mcmaster. cheap so i buy them in large amounts for repairs on old OEM wires or making a new wire that fits like OEM. are you saying you have to coil wire going to ground? the wire going to the module comes from the kill switch. the kill switch is then connected to ground. wires should be fit into the plastic air deflector. you don't want those floating lose in there.

what was wrong with your original wires? ya those wires are junk man. throw them in the scrap wire bin and get OEM or make one like OEM. only place i found to buy those type OEM connectors to make a proper wire was from northwood saw and mcmaster. cheap so i buy them in large amounts for repairs on old OEM wires or making a new wire that fits like OEM. are you saying you have to coil wire going to ground? the wire going to the module comes from the kill switch. the kill switch is then connected to ground. wires should be fit into the plastic air deflector. you don't want those floating lose in there.

Okay, thanks. So there is only one wire that I need to hook up, other than the plug wire? Then, it should be hooked up correctly.

Sadly, it's still not running.

Here's what happened.....I took this saw to a friend who is pretty knowledgeable about chainsaws. He put a new OEM coil on my saw, and it ran GREAT. So, me being cheap, I bought a coil from HLS Proparts and tried it. This is the part in the pictures above. It doesn't seem to be working, unless I did something wrong. Frustrating.

Black wire oem goes to the ground screw.the other connects to the coil.leave the bolted loose.put a buisness card im front of the coil and turn the flywheel by hand till the magnet gets in front of the card.push the coil against the card and tighten coil screws.now your gap is set.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back