026 leaks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good, thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I did find it odd that at an opening to the fuel tank there was only a plastic to plastic connection - surely a recipe for lots of leaks. I wonder why my saw was missing the part? Maybe the sitting dried it up and shrank it, and then it fell into the tank and disintegrated? Anyhow, hopefully that mystery is solved.

Popped the red rubber plug in and a new vent and that solved it. The oil was leaking out of the grommet down below the sprocket that the oil pump nipple pokes into. I tightened down the oil pump a little better and I'm not seeing any excess oil under normal operation. So I think I'm good. Side note, that grommet looks like a PITA to replace, how would one go about that were it to fail?

Popped the red rubber plug in and a new vent and that solved it. The oil was leaking out of the grommet down below the sprocket that the oil pump nipple pokes into. I tightened down the oil pump a little better and I'm not seeing any excess oil under normal operation. So I think I'm good. Side note, that grommet looks like a PITA to replace, how would one go about that were it to fail?

The line is actually very easy to replace. There is a tab that usually points to the 6 o'clock position when the line is installed properly. Remove your pump, then pull the line out of the hole. The line and the screen filter should all come out in one piece. The filters are usually fine, you can just blow it out and make sure it is clear. The lines are not much. Purchase the line, slip the filter back on the end -- then insert in the reverse order. I usually put a very light coat of oil on the outside of the grommet. Insert the filter end into the hole then line up the tab at 6 O'clock. I lean the top side of the grommet in first then work the rest of it in with a small screw driver very gently.

Latest posts

Back