ArboristSite.com Sponsors

090's surface

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Dapper Dan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan ArboristSite Operative

Kinda amazes me but there are no less than five (5) 090's for sale on e-bay right now. (Some like new!)
    Wish I had the bucks.
    At least it is interesting watchin em to see what the final prices will be.

2. Gumnuts

Gumnuts AboristSite Guru

Australia / Victoria / Mornington Peninsula
    You an I rowin the same boat Dapper :cheers:

3. rxe

rxe AboristSite Guru

From a UK perspective, they look very expensive to me. My 090 was in very good condition, hardly used, and it cost $700. I have seen them go for much less than that in rattier condition.

4. Dibbs

Dibbs AboristSite Guru

But only because most potential chainsaw buyers in the UK don't know what an 090 is or have no need for a saw that size.

5. rxe

rxe AboristSite Guru

Need doesn't come into it....I don't NEED my 090...just as you don't NEED that 070!:cheers: You're probably right on the knowledge of these saws - not many people in the UK would have a clue what it was.

6. Dibbs

Dibbs AboristSite Guru

Yea, you're right rxe, as a weekend warrior I don't need an 070, I need an 090!
    Put the vernier through the exhaust port hoping for the magic 090 66mm to come up, but no, 58mm and an 070 it is.......for now! :chainsaw:

24d likes this.
  7. Griffbm3

Griffbm3 AboristSite Guru

Actually, the market is hurting a little

The Ebay market is hurting right now in chainsaw land. It doesn't matter if it a Stihl or not, 090 or not. The prices are falling in teh last 4 or 5 weeks alone. That's not to say they aren't great prices, and by great I mean for the seller, not the buyer. I think the prices will be dropping quite a bit soon.

I was actually going to buy up some of the Makita 6401'a but the market is flooded with them, and there are a lot of people selling them brand new. But the 090 phenomenon is fueled a lot by our very own precious website (AS).

Jason

8. hoss

hoss Addicted to ArboristSite

I got my first 090 about 2 yrs. ago. Originally my intention was to run it occasionally and hang it in the shop. However I DO run into quite a bit of big timber in the mountains where I do most of my cutting and the 090 is SOOOOO good at doing what it was made for, that I use it regularly now for 50" plus felling/bucking. I just got another one, and although I will put a little more into the cosmetic restoration this time it will NOT be a trailer queen by any means. I don't see how anyone who has cut with one of these in big wood could resist temptation if they owned one. Anyway if prices go down, great for me as I intend to use these beasts and will take as many for parts or rebuild as I can get my hands on.

9. 24d

24d Turns Wood To Ashes

Dang heres another one! Beast!:chainsawguy: I bet they start going cheap!