Last days of the 395 XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on paper the 592 is lighter and more hp. But I bought the 395 because it was basically an old standard. I have wondered if I made a mistake but like everything there are plus and minus to everything.

I just googled 395 XP and went to their shopping tab. There were a few places but Safford had the best prices in the sizes I was looking at. 592s w/36” lite bars are $1240 too.
Current price in Daytona for a 592 powerhead is $1100 so $140 for the bar/chain is your choice

Non-strato.
Easier to work on(one of the easiest).
Very proven.

I like them because I can diagnose them myself and keep one running forever.
Till parts run out, and you can diagnose an autotune by yourself and need the dealer for next to nothing. They arnt any harder to work on then a stratto saw either. Good grief.

Till parts run out, and you can diagnose an autotune by yourself and need the dealer for next to nothing. They arnt any harder to work on than a stratto saw either. Good grief.
With my basic knowledge of engines and the ability to tune a carburetor, I’m not good at diagnosing autotune. I’ve owned 3. Two of them were good saws while they lasted. The other prematurely failed and the saw shop couldn’t even get it figured out. Granted, it was an early 576xp, but… maybe you can diagnose one, or know when to replace it if the saw is running poor because of it, but I can’t. And won’t unless I just have to. You have as much fun with your auto tune saws as you like. No sweat off my back.

With my basic knowledge of engines and the ability to tune a carburetor, I’m not good at diagnosing autotune. I’ve owned 3. Two of them were good saws while they lasted. The other prematurely failed and the saw shop couldn’t even get it figured out. Granted, it was an early 576xp, but… maybe you can diagnose one, or know when to replace it if the saw is running poor because of it, but I can’t. And won’t unless I just have to. You have as much fun with your auto tune saws as you like. No sweat off my back.
There a 3 different components from a normal saw. It's no different to diagnose. Fuel, air, ignition. Basic multi meter is all thats needed.

Latest posts

Back