Best Husqvarna Shop in the Northeast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber MacFallen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found out recently that my favorite shop to purchase Husqvarna saws from closed down when the owner retired (Ashokan Turf & Timber in NY) at the end of last year. The owner Bob was a wealth of info and was a chainsaw enthusiast. Pricing and service was top notch and it was a place you could look forward to visiting.

Now that he's closed I find myself wondering where I should be looking next. I'm interested in getting a new 572xp, but a couple of places I've visited haven't been much better than going to a big box store. Limited knowledge, limited interest in saws, no ability to customize (one salesperson wasn't aware you could put different bar lengths on a saw) and full MSRP. It's a bit depressing and I guess I got spoiled by Ashokan.

In the New England area (or even surrounding states) is anyone aware of a solid chainsaw shop that knows Husky saws very well, has great service and does good deals? The kind of place that has chainsaw enthusiasts on staff and likes having them as customers as well. Perhaps they're all closed now, but I thought I'd check. I don't mind traveling a bit if I have to.

Thanks for any suggestions and input. My preference is to support a local business and establish a relationship rather than order something online from across the country.

I don't know how far you want to drive, but I've always gotten good service out of Eblings in meyerstown, PA. You won't get the best deal per say, but they know what they are doing.

Up off rt29 is the cutting edge. Not a Husky dealer but as close to what your looking for as it gets. If you want to go long distance you need to only ask around for a dealer like that who mails your bits. I only do custom work now.
GL

Appreciate the replies thus far, but Pennsylvania is mid-atlantic and just too far from me. According to the maps Eblings is a 350 mile 6+ hr drive if there's no traffic. Looks like a nice place though!

Appreciate the replies thus far, but Pennsylvania is mid-atlantic and just too far from me. According to the maps Eblings is a 350 mile 6+ hr drive if there's no traffic. Looks like a nice place though!
I've asked a couple of the arborists in my town where they go for service. Both drive past several other servicing dealers to go to this place.
https://locations.husqvarna.com/us/me/auburn/product-manufacturer-usf15678-1.html
I stopped in once looking to buy a lighter saw for my dotage. Reggie skipped the sales pitch and said he really couldn't in good conscience recommend anything that was a better fit for my uses than what I already have.

Where in NY are you located? What I have found is the knowledge that you are looking for is a slow dying art. Most dealers by me (CT) don’t want to take risks modifying saws.

The 572 is a great saw. If you are still in the market for one PM me.

I get the sense this would be a much easier question for folks to answer if it was a Stihl on my shopping list haha.
Dealers pretty much suck anymore. Just a fact of life. The brand of saw has zero to do with it.

Ron's Husqvarna in Townshend VT is exactly the sort of place you're looking for.
I think you are probably correct! Unfortunately, I have already purchased the saw from another dealer. It's not quite the type of dealer I was looking for, but I needed the saw and they were polite and helpful. I'll look to Ron's next time around as I am keen to check out the new 540xp Mk3 rear handle at some point. Thank you for the tip.

Where in NY are you located? What I have found is the knowledge that you are looking for is a slow dying art. Most dealers by me (CT) don’t want to take risks modifying saws.

The 572 is a great saw. If you are still in the market for one PM me.
Fair enough on the modification bit. I actually don't port or modify most of my saws (at least under warranty haha) but I like a place that knows saws inside and out and can provide helpful recommendations, tips and honest advice. Most importantly, if there's an issue they can help deal with it and have enough technical knowledge to make fixes with their eyes closed.

I did wind up get the 572xp so I'm temporarily out of the market now. However, I'm in central MA so CT is an easy trip and I have no doubt I'll buy more Husky's in the future. Do you have a shop there?

Dealers pretty much suck anymore. Just a fact of life. The brand of saw has zero to do with it.
I think you may have misunderstood my comment. I was referring to the fact that Stihl dealers are everywhere and Husky pro saw dealers are rather hard to find. I know an amazing place to buy Stihl that's 10 minutes away, but I have to drive all over New England to find a great Husky shop.

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. I was referring to the fact that Stihl dealers are everywhere and Husky pro saw dealers are rather hard to find. I know an amazing place to buy Stihl that's 10 minutes away, but I have to drive all over New England to find a great Husky shop.
No, I stand by my statement. Dealers suck this day and age. It's rare to find one that's decent, and brand has nothing to do with it. I could refer about 20 dealers for whatever brand you want but truthfully one 2 or 3 that I would reccomend.

The place in Stafford Springs closed recently I suspect it was health related. Low price and all the other stuff you list in post 1 is a lot to ask. I would recommend checking out Hirth small engine in Tolland Ct for Efco. Unlikely many on here have one and do take stuff in for service. You already have a preferred Stihl dealer it seems.

User #1 on the competitor website forum has like 20% off sales mail order from time to time, I don't know about service, a powerhead isn't too hard to ship.

The requirements for the established dealers are different than the new "box" store sin our area. Box is only required to get Silver certification on a tech at "some store". The rest are only there to sell.
The older dealers were pushed to have at least a Gold certification. Add to that 20 to 40 or more years experience and we can repair most issues.without a problem. We also try to stock as much as possible for repairs. Experience counts.
Now for the heavy duty screens around the soapbox.

Ever feel like the Blues Brothers at the cowboy bar?

The requirements for the established dealers are different than the new "box" store sin our area. Box is only required to get Silver certification on a tech at "some store". The rest are only there to sell.
The older dealers were pushed to have at least a Gold certification. Add to that 20 to 40 or more years experience and we can repair most issues.without a problem. We also try to stock as much as possible for repairs. Experience counts.
Now for the heavy duty screens around the soapbox.

Ever feel like the Blues Brothers at the cowboy bar?
Got a gold cert stihl dealer here but i have called him out on his diagnosis on equipment. Seems we got part changers instead of tech's anymore that don't know to physically troubleshoot.

My boss took a 4 mix pole saw HT-130 because it refused to start the tech said the engine is shot needs to buy a new one i call bologna! got it back and checked it myself and noticed no spark and i installed a used oem ignition coil from a junker and it runs just fine.

I told him to avoid that dealer like the plague!

The place in Stafford Springs closed recently I suspect it was health related. Low price and all the other stuff you list in post 1 is a lot to ask. I would recommend checking out Hirth small engine in Tolland Ct for Efco. Unlikely many on here have one and do take stuff in for service. You already have a preferred Stihl dealer it seems.

User #1 on the competitor website forum has like 20% off sales mail order from time to time, I don't know about service, a powerhead isn't too hard to ship.
I'll keep your recommendation on the Efco dealer in mind. That's a brand I didn't know was still available in the US.

As for mail order- that's not my style. I prefer to deal with a local shop where I can try different saws, have a discussion, get good knowledge and have my saw easily sorted and repaired if something comes up. I also like to support local businesses when I can. Guess I'm just old school.

Seacoast Power Equipment in North Hampton, NH. The parts manager has been in the industry for a lifetime in many roles and is a goldmine of information.

Eliot Small Engine in Eliot Maine. Great saw shop and popular with the pro equipment users.

Hey all, appreciate the thoughts and replies. I think I finally found the shop I was looking for in North CT. It's called New England Pine Timber Co: www.newenglandpine.com

They only carry professional Husky saws and have an endless sea of chainsaw and tree gear. Owner is definitely knowledgeable and will do porting work and saw modification as you desire.

Had all sorts of lightweight bars including Tsumura "Premium Light" which I've never seen in person before, the regular Tsumura light, Cannon and Sugihara along with Husky light bars. Will make custom length chains on the spot of whatever chain type you like. Climbing gear, accessories, Amsoil products, helmets, outerwear, pretty much all the kinda stuff that you see online but no one ever stocks at the typical small engine shop.

They don't sell leaf blowers, mowers, trimmers or anything that isn't going to be used on or around trees. Also had a cool sawmill and can process logs as needed. The owner was outside splitting logs when I arrived.

Kinda seems like a mini Madsen's for New England. They have lots of stuff, but it's not a physically big place.

They don't sell Stihl because the owner said Stihl forces you to sell lots of stuff unrelated to tree work, but they will work on them.

Worth checking out if you're a saw enthusiast.

Back