372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I win the lotto I'll have the lot, all mixed up in a bucket.

Until then, the 372 is dead, long live the 2171!

I find the whole thing to be odd honestly.

If it's such a great idea then why doesn't Stihl bring back the 440 with the same type of clean air port and try to "fool" loyal 440 customers...??

Husky should just stick with their initial plans and fully replace the 372 with the 576. If they did that though they'd prolly just go out of business....

If it's such a great idea then why doesn't Stihl bring back the 440 with the same type of clean air port and try to "fool" loyal 440 customers...??

Husky should just stick with their initial plans and fully replace the 372 with the 576. If they did that though they'd prolly just go out of business....

Design patent maybe?:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Husky hadn't designed it yet, for them to copy, lol. Did I just say that? So much for being a Stihl guy:clap:

Husky hadn't designed it yet, for them to copy, lol. Did I just say that? So much for being a Stihl guy:clap:

I was thinking that too.

This looks like a power now, an old dirt bike mod for more power.:chainsaw:
911065832_4bSgc-L.jpg

Last edited:
so does the crank have cover plates on it to make the bells full circle?.....sorry for trying to get some tech back into this thread.......

I still think it's pretty lame....

From a purist's viewpoint, I agree.

But what you're missing is that this is marketing genius. Husky has found a way to keep one of their most popular saws of all time in the line up. It's still a very good saw and most guys won't know that anything has changed except that it uses less fuel.

It's awful contradictory for Stihl guys to criticize Husky for doing this, while at the same time lamenting the fact that the 440 is history. :cheers:

LOL!!!
I kinda got blasted by a couple Stihl heads for saying the same thing a while back.

The Truth hurts I reckon.:D

Isn't Stihl still locked into the whole Deere/Strato copyright thing?LOL!!
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2002/05/13/322885/index.htm
That's gonna suck for a while.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That is a joke. We all know husky bought Redmax just for their strato design. husky could have saved a ton of money and just bought a 441 or asked Stihl for help. While Redmax holds the title for the start of the strato, Stihl has turned out the most bad A strato saws. Starting with the 441, then the 211 and 362. It's already been mentioned the 261 will soon take over also. It sure did take husky a long time to get in the game, hope they can stay.:D

Back