372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit surprised with the single transfer design, it seems a bit old school. Hope to see vids and pics soon Spike.:)

So am I - doesn't sound promising for performance!

Anyway, it was high time the saw showed up, as the IPL has been out since april.....

Most strato saws do not. I'm don't think any of them do. That's idea behind the strato technology. It burns much cleaner and doesn't need a cat.

I never heard of a "strato" saw, that needed a cat muffler!

So, how'd it run? Pretty good. Had the impression that it was just a 372 that had some breaking in to do. Not too sure that the acceleration was as good as normal either, but I was trying to be as critical as I could.

I suspect the lack of Quad transfers has something to do with that feeling!

Last edited:
He's BAAAAAAaaaccckk!!!:clap::clap::clap:

'Bout time ya showed up Troll, never dissapointed ta see ya though!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

You're missing the Irony completely.

Homelite had the Strato design Stihl got in the exchange, and Stihl was the one who pushed for the EPA mandate because they would end up with the only compliant design at first.

Stihl strato saws= Homelite designed Mill with filtration copied from Husky, mounted on AV copied from Husky to remain compliant..and sold in boutique green lawnmower shops. LOL!!!

And they are STUCK with the Homelite design while Redmax and Husky advance the concept past the Homie original.

Great saws. Just dead in the water for a while. Maybe it will buy 'em time to come up with something original other than 4-mix. LOL!!

Got any Pics of that 261? LOL!!!:cheers::cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yep.

You almost get the impression some are a little rattled by Husky taking this route with the 372!

You're missing the Irony completely.

Homelite had the Strato design Stihl got in the exchange, and Stihl was the one who pushed for the EPA mandate because they would end up with the only compliant design at first.

Stihl strato saws= Homelite designed Mill with filtration copied from Husky, mounted on AV copied from Husky to remain compliant..and sold in boutique green lawnmower shops. LOL!!!

And they are STUCK with the Homelite design while Redmax and Husky advance the concept past the Homie original.

Great saws. Just dead in the water for a while. Maybe it will buy 'em time to come up with something original other than 4-mix. LOL!!

Got any Pics of that 261? LOL!!!:cheers::cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Oh, they will come up with something new. husky can't take any credit for the stratos that Redmax made. Redmax saved their azzes in that area. Stihl dead in the water? Where ya been? The 441, 211 and 362 lead their strato classes. This 560 is the first from Redmax that might be competitive, hope so because we know the 357 wasn't.:D Except Jack's EC357.:dizzy:

Pics of the 261 will be soon!

Oh, they will come up with something new. husky can't take any credit for the stratos that Redmax made. Redmax saved their azzes in that area. Stihl dead in the water? Where ya been? The 441, 211 and 362 lead their strato classes. This 560 is the first from Redmax that might be competitive, hope so because we know the 357 wasn't.:D Except Jack's EC357.:dizzy:

Pics of the 261 will be soon!

Yep. Dead in the water.
They lead now because they had the best first design.

The rest have learned from thiers, and have already moved on and away to simpler, lighter, fewer parts, and it's looking like just as much power.

But it's no match for the advantage of bieng sold alongside $40,000 Green Ball caps LOL!!!

Husky can't claim credit for the Red max design?
But the Homelite design Stihl used to screw everybody can be claimed? LOL!!!

Make sure to give credit to old Homie then.

Let's see how the Homie 441 that weighs as much as a 460 stacks up against the 372XT LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last edited:
This 560 is the first from Redmax that might be competitive,

Almost objectivity, kind of an improvement 2K. I'm almost impressed. Then again that Husky 441 wouldn't be half the saw without filtration and antivibe would it? Come to think of it the 211 has a little "shared technology" of its own. What strato class exactly is the 362 in? I think it's pretty lonely if I recall. Maybe that's why it gained so much weight, depressed and eating ice cream a donuts whilst awaiting its superior.:cheers:

Which seems to be the case more and more often. Sometimes his posts are funny, but he takes the brand loyalty thing to such an extreme, that many of his posts no longer have any credibility. This is where so many threads devolve into a brand argument, because I want to respond to his drivel without insulting other Stihl fans, which is almost impossible to do. And even though I know better, I'm going to do it anyway. :cheers:

Of course Husky bought Red Max for their technology. What other reason could there be? It was a smart move. Perhaps Stihl should have done it themselves back when they bought all of those engines so they wouldn't get thrown out of California.

The MS362 is "Bad A"? More like "Fat A". It's a good saw, but the upcoming 560XP is far more advanced. I'm probably the only guy here that's run them both, and the Husky is significantly better. Sorry. Stihl needs to make a motion to the bull pen on this one.

The MS261 is the second coming, even though nobody has run it yet? Kind of silly to make such a boast without any facts to support it, isn't it? Faith might move mountains, but it doesn't make a saw run any better. But considering how good the 346 is, I suppose it's natural for guys like you to hope that your first round draft pick turns out to be a star instead of a bust.

The MS440 is one of the all time greats, and it's too bad that it's not around. But I'm sure lot's of you guys wish it was. Like I said before, it's pretty comical for you Stihl guys to be dumping on Husky for finding a way to keep the 372 in the line up, while wishing that Stihl had done the same thing with the 440.
:clap::cheers:

To get some real world feedback on this thing, Barney34 took the saw and is giving it to a full time logger to run next week. Jay, (the logger), is a younger guy; analytical and very well spoken. His opinion will carry more weight than most of ours, and he runs both Husky and Stihl so it won't be tainted by brand blindness. (Got that 2K?) I'll post his review be it positive or negative.

Reading through this thread, and sifting out the commotion caused by a certain pesky mosquito, I think a lot of guys share the "purist's objection" with me and Woodchucker81. Like I said earlier, even before I opened the box, I was all set to dislike the saw, or at least the idea that something with a completely different P&C is still a 372.

So, we're all going to grade this thing pretty low unless it's performance exceeds the original. Fuel use is a given, but we'll have to wait and see otherwise. If it gains as much as a 576AT does when it breaks in, then it will be making some nice power, because it did run pretty good the other day. Speaking of "AT", the lack of Auto-Tune makes me think this saw will only be around a couple of years. If nothing else, maybe it will prove to a lot of guys that "Strato" isn't the "Voodoo" that many people think it is.

Spike,

maybe Husky is on to something.....lets say they have got the 576AT right but its not selling well.....maybe Husky's market research shows there customers dont want to go to the 576AT because of VOODOO....so this is their bridging saw...famous 372 name, still a simple saw no VOODOO and its the in between step some need that others would normally jump.....

who knows???

If nothing else, maybe it will prove to a lot of guys that "Strato" isn't the "Voodoo" that many people think it is.

Everyone that visits here knows the stratos are not voodoo. I know we are only about 1% of the picture though. The rest of the world will to have accept it or start stashing the old school saws in the closet.:cheers:

Everyone that visits here knows the stratos are not voodoo. I know we are only about 1% of the picture though. The rest of the world will to have accept it or start stashing the old school saws in the closet.:cheers:

I wouldn't say everyone! There are a lot of people, some in this thread, that hate stratos just because they are stratos:dizzy:

Im tired of the trash talk, somebody go get one of these and run it. Talking junk and Spike, Barney, and I are the only ones that have touched them on this forum?

At least it is out, the famous amos holy grail 261 still has not appeared :D

Nothing wrong with change, as long as the dealer explains a little bit.
Kind of like one of the diesel pickup manufacturers going from a good reliable motor to a smaller liter that has given head gaskets/stud problems. Although it is quicker.

The future is now, accept it, or get over it.

And yea, did I mention I am ready to run one?

Spike,

maybe Husky is on to something.....lets say they have got the 576AT right but its not selling well.....maybe Husky's market research shows there customers dont want to go to the 576AT because of VOODOO....so this is their bridging saw...famous 372 name, still a simple saw no VOODOO and its the in between step some need that others would normally jump.....

who knows???

Isn't that what I already said??

The point you're trying to make is pretty obvious. But the real mystery is why. But I'm convinced that Husqvarna is verifying that the 372 is the only saw keeping them afloat.

The point you're trying to make is pretty obvious. But the real mystery is why. But I'm convinced that Husqvarna is verifying that the 372 is the only saw keeping them afloat.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bottom line they have a good product with a good reputation, and they're trying to come as close as possible to keeping it. Im pretty sure they sell more box store saws than they do 372xps...

I'd *love* to see sales data for all of the saws they make, and also for the ones that stihl makes!

Last edited:
So there is no tech data available for the XT? No one knows its listed weight, or HP? Why is it that no one will list any specs for this saw?

Latest posts

Back