372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was all set to order a 372 xpw and now this comes out. I might have to wait a little while longer to see about the 75cc version. If they are like most stratos with more lugging power then the 75 cc should be stronger than the 576.

I seen specs listed on an ebay auction. 13.4 lbs and 5.5 hp. So it gained a little power and no weight.

Last edited:
I was all set to order a 372 xpw and now this comes out. I might have to wait a little while longer to see about the 75cc version. If they are like most stratos with more lugging power then the 75 cc should be stronger than the 576.

I seen specs listed on an ebay auction. 13.4 lbs and 5.5 hp. So it gained a little power and no weight.

I'd keep focus on the 75cc 372xpw, if I had the option, even though I don't trust the specs (they have varied a bit)! :)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bottom line they have a good product with a good reputation, and they're trying to come as close as possible to keeping it.

I'm not talking about the what, I'm talking about the why. :)

Obviously they're doing it to keep selling the 372, but why?

If they could survive with completely replacing the 372 with the 576 then they would. They aren't doing it to be nice to their long and loyal customers, it's because they can't afford to lose the 372, literally - but they'd never admit that publicly. They'll say "We're doing this for our customers", but that's really not the case - it's just good marketing. They aren't gonna say "We can't sell the 576 that well so we have to find a sneaky way to continue selling the 372."

I don't dislike the saw, the saw itself is prolly pretty kick ass. But I find it funny that Stihl's biggest competitor has to do what they're doing to continue to stay as the biggest competitor.

It's like I said, if it's such a great idea then you'd see Stihl doing the exact same thing with the 440.

This is just my opinion, I have no actual facts to back up what I'm claiming is true about Husqvarna's executive decisions. Even if I'm wrong, I still think keeping the 372 around as a strato in disguise is a really crappy idea. It's just gonna keep the nay sayers of the 576 around a lot longer.

Last edited:
It's just gonna keep the nay sayers of the 576 around a lot longer.

Neigh!%20Neigh!.jpg

@woodchucker81

businesses don't act simply to keep themselves afloat. Hell husqvarna as a brand could probably "survive" without selling saws. Businesses work to maximize product and market share in most cases. especially a big manuf like husqvarna. Husqvarna could have 5 saw models if they wanted to, but instead they have 19 or 20. The more you have out there, the more people will buy.

There was not a large difference between the 440 and 460, for instance. Many people questioned why they were both even around.

If they can gain sales, they will. It's not desperation, it's a basic fundamental of business in most cases.

@woodchucker81

businesses don't act simply to keep themselves afloat. Hell husqvarna as a brand could probably "survive" without selling saws. Businesses work to maximize product and market share in most cases. especially a big manuf like husqvarna. Husqvarna could have 5 saw models if they wanted to, but instead they have 19 or 20. The more you have out there, the more people will buy.

There was not a large difference between the 440 and 460, for instance. Many people questioned why they were both even around.

If they can gain sales, they will. It's not desperation, it's a basic fundamental of business in most cases.

You very well could be right. Just know that I'm not looking to argue.

My biggest disappointment isn't the 372 staying around - it's the fact that the staying around of the 372 is gonna keep the 576 in the shadows still. If the haters knew how good the 576 is they'd buy that and not even care bout the 372 being discontinued.

But in the end, every model I've talked about in my worthless rant will end up on my shelf, so how much do I really care about all of this?? Lol....

;) :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

@woodchucker81

:agree2: I dont think hasqvarna will have any problems staying afloat. Stihl done 2,037 million euros in 2009 with 10,800 employes. If I didnt mess up that equals 2,521,806.00 us dollars. Husqvarna done 34 billion sek with 15,000 employes. Here again, If I didnt mess up the conversion that equals 4,403,000.00 us dollars.

I wonder if they'll have to downgrade the oiler on the 372XT a little. If it really uses less fuel being a strato, it may have problems running out of oil before running out of fuel. This is why the Stihl put a smaller oiler on the 029/290 than the 039/390 saws.

I'm not talking about the what, I'm talking about the why. :)

Obviously they're doing it to keep selling the 372, but why?

If they could survive with completely replacing the 372 with the 576 then they would. They aren't doing it to be nice to their long and loyal customers, it's because they can't afford to lose the 372, literally - but they'd never admit that publicly. They'll say "We're doing this for our customers", but that's really not the case - it's just good marketing. They aren't gonna say "We can't sell the 576 that well so we have to find a sneaky way to continue selling the 372."

I don't dislike the saw, the saw itself is prolly pretty kick ass. But I find it funny that Stihl's biggest competitor has to do what they're doing to continue to stay as the biggest competitor.

It's like I said, if it's such a great idea then you'd see Stihl doing the exact same thing with the 440.

This is just my opinion, I have no actual facts to back up what I'm claiming is true about Husqvarna's executive decisions. Even if I'm wrong, I still think keeping the 372 around as a strato in disguise is a really crappy idea. It's just gonna keep the nay sayers of the 576 around a lot longer.

Might those two saws be complimentary? Kinda like say the 440 and 460, 044 and 046 have been for over 20 years? Especially since he 385 went bye bye. I'm just saying. Since your teaching though maybe u could splain me about the reason for the 560 and 562, cause I'd be more interested in the explanation for that one. I know the NYCSM knows these things!:bowdown:

Most saws are designed to run out of fuel before running out of oil. It is to keep from burning the bar and chain up. If Husky didn't change the oil or fuel capacity, and the saw now uses less fuel, it could very likely run out of oil before running out of fuel. At least it might if you had the oiler cranked up with a longer bar. Just wondering. We'll find out when someone gets some time on one.

Most saws are designed to run out of fuel before running out of oil. It is to keep from burning the bar and chain up. If Husky didn't change the oil or fuel capacity, and the saw now uses less fuel, it could very likely run out of oil before running out of fuel. At least it might if you had the oiler cranked up with a longer bar. Just wondering. We'll find out when someone gets some time on one.

Gotcha. Sorry, I'm slow. :D

As the Godfather and speaking for the rest of my soldiers, none of us claim to be smart. :)

I'm just saying there has got to be some reason. I'm sure they have done a ton of market research on this. Maybe they like the new cylinder design enough the 576 is going away too? Maybe it is selling so poorly they have no reason to keep it? Maybe they will jump straight from the new 372 to the 390 kinda like some of the Stihl guys think there will be no replacement for the 460? It is all speculation. The Husky haters sure do have fun thinking they know though. No offense to the NYCSM, I want to remain in good standing. No dirt naps for me right?

I'm just saying there has got to be some reason. I'm sure they have done a ton of market research on this. Maybe they like the new cylinder design enough the 576 is going away too? Maybe it is selling so poorly they have no reason to keep it? Maybe they will jump straight from the new 372 to the 390 kinda like some of the Stihl guys think there will be no replacement for the 460? It is all speculation. The Husky haters sure do have fun thinking they know though. No offense to the NYCSM, I want to remain in good standing. No dirt naps for me right?

Heh, you're good. ;) :cheers:

I totally know what you're saying though. Everything is speculation. Makes for good convo though. Time will only tell how good of an idea this really is.

But it's fun to be a guessing idiot like myself. :)

I'm a guessing idiot too....does NYCSM stand for New York chain saw mafia?

If so, sounds like a rough bunch to meet in the woods. :cheers: (it's been a hot one today).

Yep. :D

We're a rough bunch if you don't like chainsaws and camping. ;)

But other than that we're a bunch of cuddly wuddly cutsey wootsey bearded chainsaw goons. :)

:cheers:

Back