372xp sprung an oil leak at the pump.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Ive had it cleaned up and watching it for a few days. Seems to be leaking around the flow adjustment screw. First I thought it was leaking between the oil pump driver and the oil pump. Seemed to be a few drips come off it there and when I screwed the driver out there was oil in the grooves on the pump. Ive had the driver out for about a day and dont see a sign of oil coming out there. So, Im pretty sure its leaking around the adjustment screw. I guessing there is an O-ring on the screw, but looks like the pump has to come off the get the wire clip off the screw before it will come out?? Any help appreciated.:)

I am not sure if your 372 is like my 346 but it did the same thing here are pic's of the oil line
HPIM1075.jpg

HPIM1076.jpg

HPIM1074.jpg

I sealed mine with black ultra.
Mike

I believe mine is a little different than the 346. Where was yours leaking at? Where the oil line goes in the tank?

The pump needs to be removed before you can pull the wire clip and remove the screw. I highly doubt it leaking around the adjustment screw as it is not a part thats in contact with the direct flow of oil. Pull your pump and remove the gear assembly and check the condition of your sealing washers on the gear drive. When you have the pump off the saw you will see how it works....ie driven by the clutch, to the worm gear, to a lil hole on the drive, to the oil channel etc......

If your pump is fine (and check the condition of the sealings on the delivery tube) most cases its a dried up/leaking tank hose.

The pump needs to be removed before you can pull the wire clip and remove the screw. I highly doubt it leaking around the adjustment screw as it is not a part thats in contact with the direct flow of oil. Pull your pump and remove the gear assembly and check the condition of your sealing washers on the gear drive. When you have the pump off the saw you will see how it works....ie driven by the clutch, to the worm gear, to a lil hole on the drive, to the oil channel etc......

If your pump is fine (and check the condition of the sealings on the delivery tube) most cases its a dried up/leaking tank hose.

+1

The 346 pump is an entirely different beast. To remove the 372 pump you need to take off the sprocket, clutch, and bar plate. It unbolts from there. You may have wrestle the oil delivery tube (NOT flexible) from under the brake band. Be sure to drain your oil tank, though, or you'll have a little lake.

Thanks for the replys fellas. I could be wrong, but im bout 95% sure its leaking around the adjustment screw. Ive done got the clutch, and pump driver off. I sprayed it out with carb cleaner and oil is still driping off the adjustment screw with no other sign of oil anywere else. Im fixing tear into it some more I guess.

So I got the oil pump off. Deffently not leaking around any of the lines. I still think its leaking around the adjustment screw. I dont know whats in the ''pump'' end, but I think it leaking somewhere on that side and running through the hole that the gear shaft is in, and running down the adjuster screw..?

Any more input?

I've only replaced them as units, so I don't know if or how they are gasketed. The IPL seems to show am o-ring, but it is not labeled and may just LOOK like an o-ring.

How much time is on the saw? These puppies do wear out now and again.

I've only replaced them as units, so I don't know if or how they are gasketed. The IPL seems to show am o-ring, but it is not labeled and may just LOOK like an o-ring.

How much time is on the saw? These puppies do wear out now and again.

The saw just has about 12-15 tanks ran through it, but its out of warranty. My IPL just shows the 2 washers thats close to the splines on the gear shaft, unless I looked over something.

I havent used the saw for about 6 months untill last weekend. Then I noticed it had a growing puddle of oil under it this week. I thought it would be a easy fix, but Im 100% sure its inside the pump. Could be a crack or something wrong with the pumping end I cant see. Its not bad enough for me to spend 80 bucks on a pump yet. Guess itll just have to settle for sitting on newspapers for now.:D

Back