395 xp for milling ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greny

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have avery simple but good alaskan saw mill , my 372 xp xtorq with a special ripping chain goes ok but not great.
I can buy a nice, not used alot 395 xp , is this a good one for milling planks of 12-14 inch ?

I'd say u'r in 3120 or 880 territory with that mill setup. Either that or get the 395 ported as they don't have useable torque in stock form

That's what I use mine for. Milling softwood around 10", it's basically as fast as I want to push the mill. Will oil a 36" well.

I'd say u'r in 3120 or 880 territory with that mill setup. Either that or get the 395 ported as they don't have useable torque in stock form
What have you been smoking? the 395 has some of the best stock port timing numbers. A monkey said so.

I would sssssooooo love to do that. Dang!

i'll get some pics next time i'm at my buddies place if i remember. he's got a spot where we dry big wood we milled. got some 20'x5'x4" slabs of fir drying out there right now. huge wood. we sold 3 slabs for $4000 months ago but no more interest in them it seems. they'll sell in time. each piece must weigh over 1000lbs i swear. moving them be a chore. oh and mikes's right. you don't want to do it LOL. it's definitely 2 people for the milling and 8-10 to move the slabs. would be alot easier if it was pieced apart but in slab form it gives the buyer the decision of what he wants out of it.

Going to have a look at the 395 xp tonight. The first owner changed the air filter cover to a 394 , the machine has a 394 filter installed , strange. The sn says it's a 395. gonne try the machine out tonight :)

Latest posts

Back