Any inf on RG100X Rayco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trying it

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to pull the triger on a 2013 RG100X Rayco with a 99HP Kabota has 2300Hrs but machine looks to be in good condition , A little conscerned with the hours, any info or things to look for will help a lot. Im steppinng up from a Vermeer 252 which after pulleys and schivs and keeping sharp teeth on it is a good maching for what it is, Just needing a bigger machine soI can take bigger jobs with bigger stumps and not be there all day Thanks for your input!

For what it's worth I made the jump from a 25 hp machine to a 44hp machine and love it. I can't see myself in that next 60-100hp class. The 44hp seems like plenty power for the jobs I come across. Sure I would love to have it on the occasional 6' plus stumps, but my 4012 can handle those, it just takes more time. What a big machine like that couldn't do is maneuver around in someones back yard with out making a mess, so for that reason I think I will always stick with a 4012/5014.

Making the jump from diesel to gas you will wonder how you ever got jobs done with that 252.

2300hrs maybe ok for a tractor or excavator but never for a stumper, ask rayco what a new pump and hydro motor is, then decide.

OP, I have never run the 100rgx. I have seen them up close. They seem to be top heavy. Maybe just HEAVY. I know I have done jobs with my super I could not have got that machine to. From what I have read (every written word on Rayco) , Rayco's are not prone to hydraulic failures. 2300 hours is not bad if it has been well maintained and wear parts have been replaced . Quiz the seller on EVERYTHING that has been done to it. And, of course you do not want to pay close to retail, for a machine that has 1/2 (pick a number) of it's life left. Good luck!

Back