Carlton 7500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trying it

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to this site and loving it good info! I'm thinking of buying a tow behind carlton 7500 a 2005
any tips on what to check out when I get there? I currently have a Vermeer 252 excellent for smaller stumps but not good for the big ones after purchasing the 252 it needed belts pulleys and shivs what a difference was really concerned about it till I did the upgrades, money well spent! would rather have another self propelled but the 7500 is where I need to be money wise . I will still keep the 252 for the smaller stuff ,whats your thoughts and experience on the carlton? Thanks for your help! I Love This Site!!

How many hrs. does it have?Does it have green teeth or sandvic wheel?Does it have wired or wireless ,remote or standard controls?Presuming the motor runs great,i would pull both left and right covers and inspect the drive belt right and poly chain left.The poly chain looks like a belt that drives a blower on a dragster,you can inspect the cutter wheel bearings by squeezing the poly chain,if the wheel jumps up,the bearings are worn,non or just a little bit isn't bad,if jumps up ,bearings shot,expensive to replace.The drive belt connects to jackshaft which runs across to poly chain if you grab that pulley and flex it or remove cover between to belts and put a bar under the shaft and flex the shaft you can inspect the piller bearings for wear.If the seller won't let you look at these items i'd walk away.If these items are worn but machine can still be used ,you can bargin on price,these items are expensive to repair.Also inspect the teeth,their is a lot of them and their not cheap.Good luck,your in the beg league now.

LOL! Thanks SG52 for the info, it is wireless but remote is broke he said about $1100 to replace it says 100 hrs on new pto system, 75 hp deutz new paint 11K o/b
I appreciate the heads up on what to check for Thank-You!

Latest posts

Back