New 40cc saw guidance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, I received my new GZ4350 and I am pretty happy with the build quality vs price. When I was looking it over I found this little cap hanging by the fuel/return lines in the handle. Any idea what this is for?

Attachments

• saw plug.jpg
    saw plug.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I don't blame you the 261 handles poorly, it's a leaner and a damn sure ain't no faster than 241.
So.... we must be the weirdos from New Jersey.
I'm okay with that.
Well it is faster than a 241 when blocking larger logs, but I use the 241 for limbing mainly because of the laser like handling, the 261 is clumpy, and I would rather just cut with an MS 400 at that point. That narrow kerf chain on the 241's make them a snap to sharpen which is easier and faster, so it's a win-win . Also, the 241 sips gas I get a cord out of 1 tank.

Well it is faster than a 241 when blocking larger logs, but I use the 241 for limbing mainly because of the laser like handling, the 261 is clumpy, and I would rather just cut with an MS 400 at that point. That narrow kerf chain on the 241's make them a snap to sharpen which is easier and faster, so it's a win-win . Also, the 241 sips gas I get a cord out of 1 tank.
I couldn't agree more.
The only difference between me and you is I'm not running a 400 and most of my really good spring AV saws before that model stay on the ground.

Custom built 1125s upstairs and the 200T pound the stuff into the ground right quick. Remember I rarely rent lifts and don't have a bucket truck. My lift saw was my minty 260 that collects dust mostly. The 034 will eat it up and can handle any bar you'd like to hang on it. I will enjoy a nasty 034S I'm making a few changes on. Doubt my 360P or the 036 will ever catch it. It's just going to better everywhere.

Never found much use for 50cc chainsaws in my arsenal.
25, 35, 40ish, 60ish and 90ish. Adding in 80ish for bucking in two other brands this year. Dropping the loser by summertime. Still considing 100cc setups for work but the 1124s kind dominate that space already. The6 will still be fun to build. One comes in about 105cc. Likely take it back to 99 for less vibes and less wear over time.

I couldn't agree more.
The only difference between me and you is I'm not running a 400 and most of my really good spring AV saws before that model stay on the ground.

Custom built 1125s upstairs and the 200T pound the stuff into the ground right quick. Remember I rarely rent lifts and don't have a bucket truck. My lift saw was my minty 260 that collects dust mostly. The 034 will eat it up and can handle any bar you'd like to hang on it. I will enjoy a nasty 034S I'm making a few changes on. Doubt my 360P or the 036 will ever catch it. It's just going to better everywhere.

Never found much use for 50cc chainsaws in my arsenal.
25, 35, 40ish, 60ish and 90ish. Adding in 80ish for bucking in two other brands this year. Dropping the loser by summertime. Still considing 100cc setups for work but the 1124s kind dominate that space already. The6 will still be fun to build. One comes in about 105cc. Likely take it back to 99 for less vibes and less wear over time.
Too bad you ain't a lot closer, I have 2 lifts. One Hi Ranger Aerial lift Forestry truck and also a Spider lift.

Too bad you ain't a lot closer, I have 2 lifts. One Hi Ranger Aerial lift Forestry truck and also a Spider lift.
My ass is getting too old for tree work. I could buy a lift but I'm not staying with climbing or looking for it now. Done trying to train a younger guy. They know zero about rigging or safety. Don't hand them my jacked 200T was the first lesson. Second was depending on a guy that at least shows up three days a week. The green is always there for a decent climber and experience rope person.

The problem with the handling aspect in stihl land is the 241 and 261 are the same chassis. You're not gaining any real weight savings from using the 241 and you're loosing noticeable power over the 261. It's a bit more clear cut in the husqy line up when it comes to weight and power, husqy making most their saws into tanks recently.
Do what :rolleyes:.

Thank god!
Lol.
Interesting, as far as I ever knew the. older models shared the same crankcase.
I've never heard that before. I've owned many years of both models, and all my 241s were 3005 mount and the 261s were 3003 mount. That's one difference I'm aware of. I've also never seen the weight specs of a 261 as light as a 241.
Maybe you're thinking of a 271 and 291, pretty sure they share the same chassis; but I'm a husky guy, so 🤔.

Lol.

I've never heard that before. I've owned many years of both models, and all my 241s were 3005 mount and the 261s were 3003 mount. That's one difference I'm aware of. I've also never seen the weight specs of a 261 as light as a 241.
Maybe you're thinking of a 271 and 291, pretty sure they share the same chassis; but I'm a husky guy, so 🤔.
Look up the parts in an IPL if they were the same, the series number would match. I can tell you the 261 is heaver and handles less comfortably.

Look up the parts in an IPL if they were the same, the series number would match. I can tell you the 261 is heaver and handles less comfortably.
I'm good, I know they are different, that's what makes them both appealing in their own ways. Guys want to mock that I like a 241 over a 261 for smaller work; well they'd really mock me over running a 201 rear handle over the "heavy" 241. But when you're making hundreds of cuts overhead on invasive, you'll feel the difference really fast if you forget the 201 lol.
It good to have options :).

I'm good, I know they are different, that's what makes them both appealing in their own ways. Guys want to mock that I like a 241 over a 261 for smaller work; well they'd really mock me over running a 201 rear handle over the "heavy" 241. But when you're making hundreds of cuts overhead on invasive, you'll feel the difference really fast if you forget the 201 lol.
It good to have options :).
Well hell run a modified 150T its lighter by a huge amount.

Latest posts

Back