Echo CS 501P vs Stihl MS 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound like a little kid talking to a mate.... "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad".
You have hurt this site more then you have helped it by trying to jam your one sided, fan boy opinion down everyones throat.

Are you kidding me?? I am stuned & amazed at that comment. Its your way or the highway 100% of the time.
What am I exactly a fan boy of, smart guy?

Well shoot walker, you and I have bit$hed at each other enough (for now). Lets get out and enjoy this beautiful warm spring weather aye. Peace to you and your family.👍

You all sound like my kindergartner arguing with my 2nd grader about which tastes worse, broccoli or asparagus. You’re both right and wrong at the same time so knock it off or I’ll make you eat some of each !!

These threads that dive down a rabbit hole of “I’m right and you can eat dirt because I said so” make me giggle. I come in for useful info and end up with some mild entertainment. Please don’t go anywhere and keep on stirring the internet pot so the rest of us can put AS down and have a good chuckle 😂

No, I am not. Echo has a tiny share of the US saw market.

For every 1 echo top handle saw in the other tree services I'm friends with there are probably 20 stihl and husqvarna saws. And outside of those few top handles I don't really know anyone that uses them.

Echo chainsaws aren't a dominant brand in the hands of professional users, that might make for some sore vaginas..but..it's true.

But..I do think they off more value for casual firewood cutters. Especially compared to the "farm" saws stihl and husqvarna offer. I'd buy a 590 long before a "farm boss" or a "rancher" from the big 2.

Yup, there's a fantasy land somewhere where Echo is in the hands of professionals. At least echo themselves are realistic.

In over 35 years of working with hundreds (yes, hundreds) of sawhands I never saw an echo. Husky, Stihl, Jonsered, an occasional Dolmar. In that order.

I have a 590. It's a "farm saw", and the first one I would sell. Even before my china saws. 😱

That being said, I might like a 501p. It feels good in the hands. Light and nimble I think. I've only held one. Haven't run one.

For every 1 echo top handle saw in the other tree services I'm friends with there are probably 20 stihl and husqvarna saws. And outside of those few top handles I don't really know anyone that uses them.

Echo chainsaws aren't a dominant brand in the hands of professional users, that might make for some sore vaginas..but..it's true.

But..I do think they off more value for casual firewood cutters. Especially compared to the "farm" saws stihl and husqvarna offer. I'd buy a 590 long before a "farm boss" or a "rancher" from the big 2.
Only 2 Echo saws I've seen on pro jobsites are the 2511 and 620, even then they're few and far between. The top handle of choice around here is a 194, and I've seen a shocking large number of 271s for ground saws, FWIW there's far more Stihl dealers around here than Echo so that's probably why

Back