Echo CS 501P vs Stihl MS 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will side with Bwalker on the Stihl is a better saw. They are more advanced and very dependable . They use less fuel than Echo's . I have a Stihl 441 that many people don't like , but is used about that same amount of fuel as my Echo 620 and maybe less. I imagine the autotune is even more efficient... No? Maybe not, but who cares. I have a lot of wood cut and only used 1 gal. so far this year. The Echo is a good saw however. The Echo does not have a long lasting bar neither. My Stihl bars last for a long time and are better saws.
There is nothing wrong with Echo saws at all. They are just antiquated designs. Most of Echo's stuff is like that.
The problem arrives when the cheap azz crew starts to compare them to Husky and Stihl. They don't really compare and why would they given the price?
Echo zealots are about as bad as the Dolmar fan boys from years past.

Maybe I should have worded it that Randy has set up a site where grown men blow sunshine up his skirt. And make no mistake he loves it.
walker, maybe you should start looking at yoursef. You know what I'm talking about be a man and own it. Maybe YOU are the reason you are not at that forum. Wake up!

I own and love 4 chainsaws. One Jonsereds, one Husqvarna, one Dolmar and one Echo. I also own and love a Stihl weedwhip and Stihl leaf blower. Brand means little to me. My prejudice is with those who talk down to others because of the brand they choose or talk down too others because they hav another opinion.
walker was ripping Echo but said the last Echo he ran was the vintage Kioritz Echo. walker, are you qualified to talk about Echo, no. Or if you hate a brand then just move on to another thread on this forum. Just say'n,
Peace

I own and love 4 chainsaws. One Jonsereds, one Husqvarna, one Dolmar and one Echo. I also own and love a Stihl weedwhip and Stihl leaf blower. Brand means little to me. My prejudice is with those who talk down to others because of the brand they choose or talk down too others because they hav another opinion.
walker was ripping Echo but said the last Echo he ran was the vintage Kioritz Echo. walker, are you qualified to talk about Echo, no. Or if you hate a brand then just move on to another thread on this forum. Just say'n,
Peace
For heaven sakes. I've said echos are quality saws. They just aren't modern or competitive with the offerings of Stihl or Husky... They are cheap.
Sorry you are butt hurt.

For heaven sakes. I've said echos are quality saws. They just aren't modern or competitive with the offerings of Stihl or Husky... They are cheap.
Sorry you are butt hurt.
It's still not nearly as bad as the 24hr. Campfire.... Jeeze , those guys are bad.

501p's are good runners. I bought one a couple of years ago to flip but the dang thing is so light and handles so well I haven't been able to bring myself to part with it. I run a 462c and 261c primarily on the farm but the 501 has its place. It's just a light weight nimble saw that runs out very well.

501p's are good runners. I bought one a couple of years ago to flip but the dang thing is so light and handles so well I haven't been able to bring myself to part with it. I run a 462c and 261c primarily on the farm but the 501 has its place. It's just a light weight nimble saw that runs out very well.
I agree 100%. I have the Echo 4910 (much the same as 501p) and its a hoot! Brian its like you said, they have their place. Don't knock it till you tried it.

I agree 100%. I have the Echo 4910 (much the same as 501p) and its a hoot! Brian its like you said, they have their place. Don't knock it till you tried it.
They are really surprising saws. No they aren't the latest and greatest technology wise but they do run well. Mine won't outcut my 261 but it isn't far behind. It feels noticeably lighter, the vibes are minimal and it does oil well, very well actually and it is torquey for a 50cc saw.

What isn't modern about a 2511, I think echo mid size saws are bulky but powerful. The 2511 and 590/620 oil great, better than my 562 or a 362/201. I would get whatever is easiest for ya to get parts for. Echo you buy parts online and fix it yourself. Around here your going to a john deer tractor dealer trying to order parts that make ya wanna buy a new saw when ya get the bill.

My 501 runs out of bar oil before I run out of gas, but not by much.
Then you need to adjust your setting on oiler. They are adjustable.

Right in the owners manual. You know that thing we dont read.

AUTOMATIC OILER• The discharge volume of the automatic oiler is adjusted to 7 mL/min approximately at 7000 r/min, prior to shipment from factory. - To increase the delivery volume, turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise. When the screw touches stopper and stops, this position indicates maximum discharge volume. (16.5 mL/min at 7000 r/min)- Do not turn the adjusting screw beyond the maximum or minimum limit of volume adjustment.

e490oil.jpg

Latest posts

Back