New STIHL MS 212 Chainsaw seems very familiar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_Fang

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stihl ms 212

From what I can see from videos and websites around internet, new STIHL MS 212 Chainsaw seems very familiar. It's updated version of Stihl ms 211, and it's on same/similar platform as Stihl ms 162, 172 and 182. While Stihl ms 162 and 172 have minor differences in ccm3, Stihl ms 182 and 212 have slightly bigger ccm3, and also what it seems "better air" filtration. But why it seems so familiar?

This is why:
Husqvarna 135 mark II

Near same ccm3 and weight in both, not sure about price difference. But Husqvarna have two side bolts and Stihl only one for regular and easy adjusting system for cbe version. And predecessor of the Stihl ms 212, the Stihl ms 211 had problems with oil leaks, and sometimes adjusted "too lean" from factory, which, I hope, Stihl should have straighten up with ms 162/172/182/212 line. Also Husqvarna recomends 14-16" guide bar, and Stihl 16-18" guide bar, i think this is because Stihl has full 0.1kW more. I'm not sure where is Stihl trying to go with this, but it seems that homeowner 'saws are getting more and more similar.
Until merging happens: StiChArna.ltd like Stelantis in car industry [Stihl+Echo+Husqvarna].
Decide for yourself.

Latest posts

Back