Echo CS 501P vs Stihl MS 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been around since at least the 70's. I dont know about picking up speed.
In fact I could see them discontinuing their chainsaw line completely like Redmax, a direct competitor of theirs did.
Yeah maybe. I never understood why, with Japanese saw maker though. Japanese dominated with 2 & 4 stroke motorcycles over the years and make some of the best cars and so much more. Its not that they can't its they don't want too. Maybe its all business, they have their nitch and they are content.

Been around since at least the 70's. I dont know about picking up speed.
In fact I could see them discontinuing their chainsaw line completely like Redmax, a direct competitor of theirs did.
But the fact is they are picking up speed. You need to take your BLINDERS off aye.:)

Yeah maybe. I never understood why, with Japanese saw maker though. Japanese dominated with 2 & 4 stroke motorcycles over the years and make some of the best cars and so much more. Its not that they can't its they don't want too. Maybe its all business, they have their nitch and they are content.
Because Echo's bread and butter is the trimmer,blower, edger, etc market, which honestly is probably a larger market. Just like Redmax. They are old tech for a reason. They just are not an important part of their sales and they are happy with the niche they have.
The problem with this is the whole emmissions thing going forward. Investments must be made or the saws will go away. We know which way Redmax went on this.
Might add that Germany was the epicenter of two strokes for years snd the swedes were no slouches either.

walker, I think we are in complete agreement. Forgive me if I misled. By no means do I think Echo will ever run with Stihl/Husky in the logging industry. They target the home owner market and and do a great job imo. I go to bat for Echo (to give you a hard time aye) because I get tired of you and others bashing Echo saws because its slower than your 346xp or is 3 seconds slower cutting a cookie than another saw. They still make solid equipment, usually for lot less money and hopefully they will be around for a long time.

walker, I think we are in complete agreement. Forgive me if I misled. By no means do I think Echo will ever run with Stihl/Husky in the logging industry. They target the home owner market and and do a great job imo. I go to bat for Echo (to give you a hard time aye) because I get tired of you and others bashing Echo saws because its slower than your 346xp or is 3 seconds slower cutting a cookie than another saw. They still make solid equipment, usually for lot less money and hopefully they will be around for a long time.
It's not just that they are slower. They are as available, they vibrate more snd they are old tech.

Latest posts

Back